free hit
counters
PNM Exhaust Silencer - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Buddsy

PNM Exhaust Silencer

I bought a silencer from PNM for my turbo. Overall I am happy with it but its just a bit too long. It fouls the outer edge of my lower valance. I have tried feet on the garage wall and pulling with all my might as a tighten the straps and was able to get it tightened with maybe a 2mm gap. Trouble is with a little heat it expands and it rubs the valance. Iam also worried that although there is flexi in the pipes from the manifold there is too much strain being put on the manifold and or gearbox.

I spoke to PNM who told me it was made on the original jig. 

I have the SJ sportscars pipes so Im not sure which is out. 

My only option is to cut off the lugs off the end of the manifold and bore them out and reweld to remove 10 to 20 mm from the length.

One of those things that's been on my mind for a couple of week but am now thinking its something Im going to have to do..

I keep you posted.

Buddsy

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Don't you have access to Oxyacetylene in the 'shop'.  I'd be tempted to 'reprofile' the tailpipes or the downpipes, as you would only need a few mm's of deflection here or there to sort it?  

The original exhaust downpipes on these cars were made by Double S Exhausts. So if you wanted to replace the pipes instead, if you got theirs they would definitely be the same as the originals.

Hello,

Would it be possible for you to record the sound of your pnm exhaust? I'm about to order, but difficult for me to do so without hearing before. My car is so quiet with the original system, that's sad...