free hit
counters
Lotus Motorsport wheels - Page 5 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus Motorsport wheels

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, Stuart Monument said:

Are you buying lotus forged wheels Jonny ? 

Nope. Rimstock didn't bother getting back to me after a couple of emails (and being a previous customer). I certainly wouldn't contemplate paying for the Lotus markup (roughly 50% in the case of the 'Motorsport' wheels). 

1 hour ago, CocoPops said:

Rimstock must have just updated their website.

im sure when I looked a few days ago they had a 19" pro forged wheel, but now I can only see 17" as max?

Ah, I'm not sure if we're comparing 'apples to apples'. 

This thread was obviously about the 'Motorsports/TD1.3' wheels. These are cast, not forged. 

Dealing with Rimstock is a real PITA. Their customer service is non existing. In fact the Swedish importer has stopped doing business with them and mine were a special order. It's a real pity that there are so few options available for the Evora.

4 hours ago, CocoPops said:

Because 18s won't fit on front, so that rules out original style.

and I don't think rimstock make a 20.

plus tyres all round in 29s would be cheaper than the 19/20 setup.

So are you going to use the 29s to get more ground clearance? The photo is going to be very interesting.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

On 18/02/2017 at 22:10, CaptainSlow said:

Dealing with Rimstock is a real PITA. Their customer service is non existing. In fact the Swedish importer has stopped doing business with them and mine were a special order. It's a real pity that there are so few options available for the Evora.

Been trying to get any kind of response from them for two weeks regarding wheels for my Exige - hopeless!

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

I've not had any rubbing from the wheels whilst on track. 

However, the clearance for the rear braided brake hoses can be quite tight so that's worth keeping an eye on. 

Just out of interest, if the wheels were 19 on the rear with same width and offset as these 18s would that make that less of an issue? 

Reason I'm asking is I'm thinking of going 19 all around using custom forged wheels made by Braid. 

Edited by saj

You'll need some pretty high-profile rear tyres on 18"s unless you are happy dropping the gearing significantly. Smaller rears would also cause the ESP to freak out all the time (as it will assume the rears are constantly slipping).

1 hour ago, Hedgehogfromhell said:

Whats the issue with running 18" all round?

There isn't one. The LMS/TD1.3 18" wheels and ZZR tyres are the control wheel & tyre combo for the various Lotus Cup race series.

I've done plenty of laps around various tracks with that wheel and tyre combo and I've never had a problem with rubbing, ESP, gearing, whatever. (Except for the speedo reading - but I prefer a GPS speed anyway).

5 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

There isn't one. The LMS/TD1.3 18" wheels and ZZR tyres are the control wheel & tyre combo for the various Lotus Cup race series.

I've done plenty of laps around various tracks with that wheel and tyre combo and I've never had a problem with rubbing, ESP, gearing, whatever. (Except for the speedo reading - but I prefer a GPS speed anyway).

What tyre size are you running?