free hit
counters
Esprit SE 1992 Door Sills Where to buy, Please? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
MikieP

Esprit SE 1992 Door Sills Where to buy, Please?

I am trying to find some door sills that look correct for my SE and can not seem to find a thing. Anyone have any leads for a pair? TIA

MikieP

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Available from ? A Link perhaps? I looked on eBay UK and found nothing... and eBay here seems to have nothing. TIA.

Hi Dave,

Well yes and no. Dislike the font he has chosen to use, and appears to not ship to the USA. Tired getting shipping charges from him months back twice and never replied...

Did you try this one :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/411084-Lotus-Esprit-Turbo-SE-2-Door-Sills-Plates-Mirror-Finish-/190832396017?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c6e7f46f1

Has another design listed too...if there is one you like, we can probably sort delivery...

Yep, had a lot more available back when I first noticed his goods, but the font looks off to me, but the materials and finishes look good. He had one that actually said, Lotus Esprit SE Turbo, yahoo, but the font, oh the font. lol. And would not reply to shipping costs anyway. Bibs was talking about another run months back, even sent him a PM asking whatever happened to it, and no reply from him as well. Everyone hates me. :harhar:

I have a friend with a laser cutter just up the road. My intent, once I am a bit better, was to get some old stainless (bbq front that is knackered) and go up to his house and do some for my S4.

I also threw the idea around with him of doing some for other cars. He seemed interested. They would always have the font relevant to the car they were done for.

Have no idea of an each price yet. Still have to find a S/S supplier.

I think the gut Bibs would have been in contact with was a member on here...saw a post from him recently saying he won't be producing any more....

Michael,

YUMMMMMMYYYYY

I would be quite interested. After having seen the "real" ones from the factory, looking at the ones from the fellow in Poland were just a let down, font wise. Wording was not an issue. I would ask that you do not put this ahead of your health, however. Feels slightly short of a completed car without 'em.

Dave,

Missed that one. Thank you for your links and info!

MikieP

I never made any so wouldnt be producing another run mate. Alan Paterson did some great ones but that must be 7-8 years back now but as above, he's not plans to make any more. I've just checked my 11,500+ PMs and none from you about sill protectors that I can find.

It you want some, get then made up. It's not a complicated job for a machine shop if they have the time.

Hi Bibs,

Perhaps it was not a thread primarily devoted to sills but just an entry in a thread where sills were mentioned and if memory serves there was discussion of another run of sills some time back but certainly not 7-8 years ago - didn't even dream of owning an Esprit back then. I do have recollection of having sent a PM as well but if you say so. The thread itself sort of died out. Then again, I could just be fantasizing about it all. As to anything Esprit, much rather go via TLF first. After having had severe issues with the "pros" on this side of the river, I am now extremely reluctant to waltz into yet another hopeful scenario but will admit I had not thought of what you suggest and perhaps I will give that a try. Cheers.

Mike

Did you see these ones on eBay UK? Seems like the guy is an ex Esprit owner selling his spare set...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-Esprit-Stainless-steel-sill-plates-last-set-/151637188452?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item234e47df64

I see he only ships to the UK but you could have them sent to me (or anyone you know in the UK) and I could send them on to you at cost??

Edited by eeyoreish

Neil,

Thank you for your heads up! Noted he does not ship to usa, but your kind offer to reship is most accepted. I have placed a bid on them but no idea if I can win them. There are beautiful!!!!

No problem Mike. I'm happy to receive them and send on to you straight away. I think he's had them listed once before (unsold) so hopefully you stand a good chance of getting them.

I'd fancy a set myself but my budget is being spent on more important/ MOT essential stuff at the moment!

PM me if you win them and need to make arrangements etc...

Hi Neil,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!! My budget does not have any money either. My brakes drag, my A/C does not work and summer is coming, my radiator fans do not come on and just paid $460 to have its sensor replaced and it worked for about two weeks. Whew! Someday, it will be right to drive. Perhaps. lol. I will PM if I get her. Again, thank you for the info on it. Was not there when I looked on the UK site a day or two ago.

MikieP

Best of luck Michael. They look great and like ones I remember seeing on here before.

That looks like Alan Paterson selling them :)

Thought they looked familiar.

Michael,

Thank you for your good thoughts! The one now up is precisely the type I had seen a while back and it struck me as simply perfect. I will let you know either way and perhaps still be added to your projected endeavor. Best wishes for your speedy continued improvement. I know how slow it can be - I had AVN (bones are dying) in both hips (now replaced but can not play golf as they always tell you - 100 feet is about my limit) and is now in both shoulders and there is no possibility of replacements. But, I can still breath and look at the SE in the driveway. I do not ask for much. lol.

MikieP

Live while it lasts. I learnt (obviously) just recently that it can change very quickly.