free hit
counters
cel error code 24 - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Barrykearley

cel error code 24

ive taken her out for a run and logged from freescan

can a keen eyed expert take a looksee and give me a bit of advice

i think the roadspeed is the issue .....reckon the sensor or wiring needs looking at. i would like to be looking in the right place not the wrong one.

any other badies - let me know - thanks very much

runout.csv

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Sure have bibs - thanks

I'm slowly getting upto speed - and killing gremlins as I go......

Just need a guru to point out what to them will be the obvious...... I learn something new everyday

Wiring checked out ok - have ordered a new sensor from sj - so let's wait and see if that sorts it out.

Drives lovely though - and in the recent weather we've had its a dream......,,

Took a mate out in it last week who works at Toyota and loves the gt86 - he thinks my 25yr old banger is far better and faster!!!

Some things that look amiss in the datalog:

- The rich/lean value remains at zero even though the HEGO volts is swinging and closed loop flag is showing as set.

- Throttle voltage looks too low when closed.

- The BLM is bottoming out at the minimum clip value of 50%.

I suggest you try Espritmon or TunerPro instead of Freescan as you'll get more data and it'll be more accurate for some parameters.

Derek

Thanks for that..... The rich lean bit I thought was strange - but the af ratio looked ok?

I think the throttle value is correct - mine has the delco injection and the Tps is a bit different I think...... Looking at the sections of emg that I've got.....

I wonder if the blm bit is due to the fact I've reset it - and it needs the vehicle speed to reset those values? Anything that's not working needs fixing one at a time and then I can move forward with certainty

Cheers

The A/F ratio is the target A/F ratio so the 50% BLM shows a lot of fuel is being pulled trying to achieve that. After a BLM reset the BLM values will be 100% until the adaptive learning adjusts their values. Vehicle speed doesn't affect adaptive learning.

So is it running rich then? It doesn't particularly smell as if it is.

What is the significance of the Blm data - and what could be affecting it? If the speed sensor doesn't start logging - I think it's an ecu swap and a retry.....

The BLM adjusts the fuelling to compensate for sensor ageing and injector ageing etc. A typical modern EFI system will be within about 3% when all is working OK, the Delco system on the Esprit will be a little less good at achieving this. As an example, at idle, my BLM is typically around 90%.

Part came from so today - car straight down to mates garage after work.

It would seem the one fitted to my car looked a little different. Especially after I'd cuddled it with a hammer to get it out....

post-18482-0-22832000-1428599610.jpg

All fitted onto the car....... Error code reset

post-18482-0-95484100-1428599666.jpg

Apparently these sensors were a pain on most of the stuff of this era. Notably the cossies - if one didn't work the car just didn't run quite right.........hmmm sounds like that's familiar

Off the ramp and out for a drive.

Wow - that's sooooo much better - but more boost - smoother acceleration. When off the gas - no small exhaust pops - they sounded nice though......

I'm off to change my pants - that was a much much better drive

Oh what a difference a £30 sensor can make.

:thumbsup:

Nice one Barry .What a car .....Mike

The throttle voltage is too low; the specification calls for 0.45 to 0.65 volts at closed throttle when at warm idle.

I have taken a new log tonight - will download off the laptop and post up in a while

Now the cel is sorted - it may well be different - we will see

Cheers Mike - it's certainly better - 'twas good before .......now better.... Might have more gremlins to kill yet

Part came from so today - car straight down to mates garage after work.

It would seem the one fitted to my car looked a little different. Especially after I'd cuddled it with a hammer to get it out....

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

All fitted onto the car....... Error code reset

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Apparently these sensors were a pain on most of the stuff of this era. Notably the cossies - if one didn't work the car just didn't run quite right.........hmmm sounds like that's familiar

Off the ramp and out for a drive.

Wow - that's sooooo much better - but more boost - smoother acceleration. When off the gas - no small exhaust pops - they sounded nice though......

I'm off to change my pants - that was a much much better drive

Oh what a difference a £30 sensor can make.

Is your car sitting correctly there, or is it just the camera angle? It looks like it's leant over a bit.

It was jacked up at the back on the ramps - the two blocks of wood that were bodged to fit - weren't to cabinet makers standards that's for sure!!!!

The tps shows 0.33v at stationary no throttle - why is this lower than the typical 0.49v - is it the tps knackered??

Just needs a twist...

It's non adjustable from what I can see on mine - two bolts through fixed holes - no slotted sections to allow for a twist?

Am I missing something obvious - I could well be - and am more than happy to learn......

Goes up to 100% on freescan

It is adjustable

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EGuides/EMaintenance/throttlesensor.html

The only adjustment is to slightly rotate the TPS in the oversize screw holes. It's important to take your FreeScan readings by operating the throttle pedal, check that you have minimal free play in the throttle cable and the throttles do fully close.

You can also check it with the Sensor Diagnostics tab. Here check the typically output voltage is 0.5 volt with closed throttle and a typical output voltage of 4.5 volts with wide open throttle.

Travis - thank you I will do that in the morning - the car however has been transformed by replacing the speed sensor

Just slacken the screws a tiny bit and twist while checking the voltage in Freescan. Make sure you're getting 100% too when you've got the 0% right and have tightened the screws back up. 

Im now a fully trained tps twister!!! Thanks guys

I shall do this in the morning - and take her for a run out.

What a difference a day makes..... I'm smiling lots

Twizzled to 0.51 at idle

Maybe runs a bit better - but it's very marginal....., is set somewhere that it should be so that's the main thing,

Will grab another log the weekend and see if all looks well.

No cel coming on - so very happy bunny

• Like 1

Hi Barry .you are a star .Fixing things in your stride ...Good on you ....Mike

Cheers Mike - driving a dream

But..... I'm not sure if the gear shift is getting a bit stiff or something not exactly right .....might well be paranoia - will check the fluid tomorrow as it has been hotter today

Have you got yours out in this sunshine - I think it may well be our summer