free hit
counters
14,000 miles of loving: Happy Lotuversary Dexter - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
snoboardr

14,000 miles of loving: Happy Lotuversary Dexter

We made it. Our first year. Only one major tantrum but we've been through a lot and travelled far: from the northern most tip of Scotland to Surrey, to Yorkshire, the Cotswolds, the Isle of Mull. A few laps of Knockhill. Always a pleasure, always a head-turner; what a tidy monster, sophisticated and refined with a truly brutal exhilarating dark side.

Here's to another year of awesomeness, my dearly devoted Dexter.

post-17061-0-91672100-1428172427.jpg

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

VC > V-Power :D

Albeit i'd be worried about the underside of the bottle on the matt paint :D

• Like 1

Happy anniversary

• Like 1

Today is also exactly 1 year since I bought my evora. I have not got any where close to 14,000 miles though!

• Like 1

VC > V-Power :D

Albeit i'd be worried about the underside of the bottle on the matt paint :D

V-Power in the engine, VC in the windscreen washer fluid - the fizz helps shift the dirt ;)

Matt paint... nah, a year of having the car, keeping him outside come rain or shine.. or SNOW.. and living where I need to drive through 2 farm roads covered much of the time in cow shite and piss has taught me a lot about caring for matt paint. It's much more hard-wearing than regular paint actually and no problem at all to keep clean in general.

Plus I have a fabulous detailing outfit near me - The Ultimate Shine in Glenrothes - and Paul the chap who owns it is now a master of matt paint, having used Dex as his R&D car for 12 months! He gets him looking awesome.

Seriously, I read a lot of stuff about matt paint after buying Dexter and most of it turned out to be bollocks from people who'd never actually owned a matt painted car. No need to wax and polish; a bit of fine sandpaper and everything's fabulous.

post-17061-0-70773700-1428183371.jpg

Good to see the Veuve out, nice reason for a celebration. That and another slide for the tray perhaps :D

• Like 1

Way to go, just keep on driving and enjoying. Did about the same milage last year with mine as well. Into my second year now as well with plans including road trip to Italy. Many more miles to come  :cheers:

• Like 1