free hit
counters
New tyres and 4 wheel alignment - Bath/Bristol Area - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Tris...

New tyres and 4 wheel alignment - Bath/Bristol Area

Just had MOT done and the testing garage pointed out that all 4 tyres had different wear patterns, and the alignments could be out.

Took it to Pro Tyres in Bristol who very kindly tested the car for free and confirmed that all 4 wheels are pointing in subtly different directions. 

They quoted £585 to replace all 4 tyres and another £150 to do the Alignments.

They said they'd never seen an Evora before so I thought I'd ask whether anyone used them for another car, or is there somewhere else you would recommend in the Bristol/Bath area?

Thanks

Tris...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I have just had a full set of Pirellis fitted for £480 inc vat - these were original spec tyres in 19 / 18 sizes, so if you have the same size, then that price is a bit heavy. Would also recommend Williams though and use them for my car.

Pro tyres in Bristol are excellent. Ask for Ryan. Fitted two rears to my Evora in January. He spent about 1 hour chatting away with me. Taking care with balancing. Found black weights to match the wheels. £30. Will go back to them in a heartbeat.

Did you source the tyres from Williams?

I've only recently moved into the area so am trying to build a picture up of who to use and where they are.

Tris...

The Evora alignment can be a quite tricky to the uninitiated. BEst to take it to someone who has experience with the car. If they tell you they've never done alignment on an Evora, I wouldn't want to be the guinnea pig.

I've only recently moved into the area so am trying to build a picture up of who to use and where they are.

Tris...

I got the tyres from EK Tyres in Chepstow who is local to me and I have used them for several years. They do their best to match internet prices, but you are also assured of a quality fitting service.  Haven't had my car geo'd, but when I do it will be Williams.

Tris...

I sourced my tyres from Camskill. Can just squeeze two into the back.

The Evora alignment can be a quite tricky to the uninitiated. BEst to take it to someone who has experience with the car. If they tell you they've never done alignment on an Evora, I wouldn't want to be the guinnea pig.

I didn't get any alignment done at Pro Tyres. Just the fitting and would also be concerned getting alignment done at a place with no experience. For tyre fitting they were excellent.

Tris...

Williams are good folk and can do a good alignment picking my v6 up from there tomorrow great guys

Evora alignment is not a quick or easy job apparently. Silverstone Lotus told me they outsource it but are happy to do the Elise which is simpler. I don't think they do the Exige V6 either which suggests to me it is something to do with the much wider rear track ?