free hit
counters
My Exige's new home - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
ChrisBuer

My Exige's new home

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Now that's a brothel for cars!!!

Hi

Looks awesome. :unworthy:where can i get the such nice box for my cleaning cloths? also the shelf for the polish would fit in my Garage ;)

Hi

Looks awesome. :unworthy:where can i get the such nice box for my cleaning cloths? also the shelf for the polish would fit in my Garage ;)

The drawers and the shelving unit are both from Homebase.

The drawers are actually two separate units (a 4 drawer unit and a 3 drawer unit) stack on top of each other.

Here's a link to one of them - http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/homeware/storage-and-shelving/storage-boxes-and-drawers/4-drawer-tower---black-783402

The shelving unit is just a heavy duty plastic unit which seems to be ideal.

Link here - http://www.homebase.co.uk/ProductDisplay?urlRequestType=Base&catalogId=10011&categoryId=20761&productId=185529&urlLangId=110&langId=110&top_category=&parent_category_rn=20761&storeId=10201

Edited by ChrisBuer
  • Like 1

Looks great, Chris.

We're in the process of buying a place, and I'm already thinking how I'm going to kit the garage. Probably not too disimilar to yours, in terms of the detailing products storage and pressure washer at least. Going from rented jobbie with no power or hose to a brand new 2015 built garage with power and access from the garden etc. Can't wait!

Thanks Chris for the links

Looks great, Chris.

We're in the process of buying a place, and I'm already thinking how I'm going to kit the garage. Probably not too disimilar to yours, in terms of the detailing products storage and pressure washer at least. Going from rented jobbie with no power or hose to a brand new 2015 built garage with power and access from the garden etc. Can't wait!

Sounds superb!! We moved house a little while ago and I've always wanted proper floor tiles installed but didn't see the point in our last house as we were always looking to move. Now that we're in our "family home" and will stay here for a long time, it was the right time to do it. Sounds as if you're going to be doing the same as me. It's great when it's all finished!! :)

The floor tiles do look very cool :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Thanks Chris for the links

No worries :) I did shop around for various racks and containers and to be honest, HomeBase appeared to offer the best solutions. Plus it was more practical to go into the store and actually look at how robust they were, rather than ordering online and hoping for the best.

Love the garage / door protectors, just ordered some :unworthy:

They're really very good and better (I think) than a piece of carpet on the wall that could mark the paint over time. They're nicely padded and also look the part, especially against a nicely painted crisp white wall.

My wife thinks I'm mad, but I'm happy haha :lol:

• Like 2

That looks the-fookin-business.... nursing a semi-on here.

What's the floor?

I use Swissvax too. A dear friend of mine is a Swissvax detailer (Paul from Auto Curators, formerly Shine On).

That looks the-fookin-business.... nursing a semi-on here.

What's the floor?

I use Swissvax too. A dear friend of mine is a Swissvax detailer (Paul from Auto Curators, formerly Shine On).

The floor is from DynoTile  (www.dynotile.co.uk)

Yes, I know Paul well. He did a detailing day many years ago at a local Lotus dealership which was good. 

It puts mine to shame! I'm sure your Exige will be very happy there :)

Nice and clean, as it should be :)

Have you had a high-silled car in that garage before Chris?

It just looks scarily narrow for a car that you have to have the door open wide to get out of!

My garage (looking at the door size) is probably 6" wider each side than yours, and I have to have the near side mirror almost touching the wall to enable me to get out (I'm 6' 4" so it *may* make a difference).

Anyway, I think I'll have to tile my floor this summer too.....

Nice and clean, as it should be :)

Have you had a high-silled car in that garage before Chris?

It just looks scarily narrow for a car that you have to have the door open wide to get out of!

My garage (looking at the door size) is probably 6" wider each side than yours, and I have to have the near side mirror almost touching the wall to enable me to get out (I'm 6' 4" so it *may* make a difference).

Anyway, I think I'll have to tile my floor this summer too.....

No I haven't but I did have an S2 Exige in my old garage which was the same width as my current garage. Plus I'm 5'8 so can fold myself out. Yes it's a squeeze but I'm used to it :)

My old Exige

9lMlLBm.png

Also to add, my previous car was a BMW 1M which went in ok and that's slightly wider than the Exige.

Edited by ChrisBuer

Also to add, my previous car was a BMW 1M which went in ok and that's slightly wider than the Exige.

I'm 36 and am about 5ft 8, so I have both age and size on my hand to get out :)

Edited by ChrisBuer

Sorry for the Necroposting, but a quick question for Chris.

What's the width between one of those brick piers and the opposite wall? i.e. the narrowest width once you're past the door. Our garage is almost a carbon copy of yours, so perfect for reference.

Cheers

Looks great! 

Need to get mine sorted, well painted! Had to move half of it out, as the Exige is not that small :ermm: least it fits in though!