free hit
counters
V6 Cup Suspension Settings - Nitrons - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
JJD

V6 Cup Suspension Settings - Nitrons

Does anyone have any suggested settings for the Nitron suspension on a V6 Cup?

I'm getting ready for my first track day with the new car at Spa but haven't even tried to adjust the suspension yet from stock (7 clicks all round if I remember correctly). 

Any suggestions for what to start with for the track?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I went 3 clicks firmer all round which felt good at Spa once the tyres are working properly. The tyres need fairly constant adjustment, especially if it's a hot day, you'll need to be letting air out to reach the target 2.0bar hot pressures. I kept it at about 2.2bar. The car works really well when the tyres are set up properly. You'll be glad you went for a Cup car, prepare to be amazed!

Thanks Pits! Sounds like 3 clicks firmer is the way to go. Did you also adjust the rebound or left that at the stock settings? Seems like a bit of pain to adjust so I'm thinking I will leave it as is.

Good advice on the tyre pressures. So looking forward to getting on the track.

I left mine as it came from the factory and then softened 2 clicks all round for the road, cos I'm a girl.

Trevor.

Nothing wrong with that! Actually I was thinking of doing the same for the road. Particularly when you go over some nasty potholed roads you really start craving for softer suspension.

Might try going down 2 clicks for the drive home tonight.

I'm no suspension guru alas Jason but a guy who is drove my car around Spa and didn't recommend any changes. I've actually kept my car set up like that. It was 3 clicks firmer all round, rebound and compression. I'm sure someone who really knew their stuff would have different settings for every track and no doubt different settings for each corner of the car too. At least that's easy to achieve by lowering your tyre pressures throughout the day, the hotter, hardest working tyres will have more air let out of them during the day pressures, just remember to put them back to factory recommended pressures for the drive home - once cooled down your tyre pressures will be all over the shop!

I did try the car with softer settings for the dampers for road use but I found it quickly affected its front-end bite. Once up to speed there's real compliance in the ride so I'm still driving around using the 'Spa' settings!

Hard as nails that Jonny fella :-)

Trevor.

Jonny,

Was just looking at the photo's of your tyre wear on the other thread & thinking they looked pretty good,

Am I right in thinking you are running yours with settings & Geo as it came from the factory (except 3 clicks harder all round both bump & rebound)??

Also as I've not had such a good look at a cup car, can you tell me where they mount the remote cans for the Nitrons?

Thanks

Richard

Jonny,

Was just looking at the photo's of your tyre wear on the other thread & thinking they looked pretty good,

Am I right in thinking you are running yours with settings & Geo as it came from the factory (except 3 clicks harder all round both bump & rebound)??

Also as I've not had such a good look at a cup car, can you tell me where they mount the remote cans for the Nitrons?

Thanks

Richard

Are you thinking what I am thinking? Based on the 4/5 track days Jonny is getting a set compared to the 2/3 I seem to be getting, if it is the Nitrons saving the tyre wear then they are going to pay for themselves in a year or so...

Thinking the cup maybe has more camber as standard..?

I'm no suspension genius but even taking for granted that the Nitrons give better suspension control I still think the wear on yours is a little excessive on the outside edge, just finding more reasons to add Nitrons.....

Thinking the cup maybe has more camber as standard..?

I'm no suspension genius but even taking for granted that the Nitrons give better suspension control I still think the wear on yours is a little excessive on the outside edge, just finding more reasons to add Nitrons.....

Na - we've been down this before on here, and I've had it confirmed by the factory, Cup and Coupe have identical settings.

You followed me round a lot on Saturday, do you think this could be driving style? Happy for (public) criticism, you know my ethos, i just want to learn ;)

Oh really I'm surprised...

Didn't think there was anything about the way you were driving that would suggest that sort of wear,

Lines were pretty good, from where I was sitting..

If you had the toy's switched on I'd wonder about the electronics maybe breaking the wheels for stability especially in the wet, but if you were in race it's my understanding that this would not apply.

Assuming it is just the Nitrons making the difference then I'm happy as I've just ordered mine! 

Linky to what you ordered please?

I was going to go for the ones they fit as standard to the Cup, the 2 way I believe?

Interesting thing is; on my lesson with Daniel I suggested Nitrons and he felt strongly not to, but his argument was because of the importance of keeping the LF1 as original as possible (I tend to agree), but then suggested sending it back to Motorsport for the 400bhp upgrade :) 

PM sent !

If any FFM's want the Cup Nitrons, let me know and I'm sure TLF can supply them with a 10% discount :)

• Like 1