free hit
counters
Stripped Down At Classic Team Lotus - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Chris Southam

Stripped Down At Classic Team Lotus

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Some years ago, I spent several happy hours wandering around CTL....haven't stopped dribbling yet..... Magnificent machinery in exactly the right surroundings. 

Many thanks for giving us the opportunity to see this article.

The wife wondered why I was beaming like a cheshire cat, and drooling over the detail in those photos.

You lifted my day

The mention of the Type 12 F2 single seater in the "Speed Hunters" article reminded me of the late, great Denis Sergeant Jenkinson; for many years the "Continental Correspondent" for the magazine "Motor Sport"...as well as navigator for Stirling Moss on the successful attempt at the Mille Miglia and also World Champion motor cycle sidecar passenger, with Eric Oliver. Jenks did a road test of the Type 12....on public roads through Hampshire...with the connivance of Colin Chapman! This was organised for Christmas Day 1957, at lunch time...the theory being that all the Constabulary would be at lunch themselves and not on patrol!

Sadly, as you might expect, the car let him down and curtailed this magnificently anarchic effort.....