free hit
counters
Vehicle: Lotus Esprit V8 (2002) - Members Cars - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Numanoid

Vehicle: Lotus Esprit V8 (2002)

Lotus Esprit V8 (2002)

Date Added: 10 April 2015 - 10:37 AM

Owner: Numanoid

Short Description: This is the ex Dany Bahar Esprit V8 that was stripped and rebuilt for him by Lotus Motorsport at Hethel. I was fortunate enough to be able to buy the vehicle last summer and I have treasured it since, taking it out only occasionally, and only ever in dry conditions. Due to its complete rebuild only 1,500 miles ago, the car is, of course, as new and with many Bahar specified extras and improvements. I feel very lucky to be able to see this very special car every time I open my garage door and the positive reactions it receives out on the road and every time I stop somewhere prove that others like seeing it too.

View Vehicle

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Simon,

You're a lucky man, that was a peach of a car, I hope you got it for a good price? I always wondered what happened to this one, it sort of disappeared and no one knew where it went. So glad to hear its in good hands, i wish you all the best with your new Esprit.

Regards,

Rog.

Help

I need some tissues

Droooool

Hello Roger,

Thanks for your message.

It is a truly special car, though I am aware some people will regard it as infamous....

I bought it last summer and have enjoyed it in dry conditions since.

One of the images shows the car in front of the Classic Team Lotus trailer during a recent visit there for a tour. I was preying for dry weather that day so that I could drive over in the Esprit. I am not too far from Hethel.

Did you know the car?

Regards

Simon

Thanks Bibs - I didn't have that one from the Festival of Speed in 2011.

I went to that and actually sat in a white Elise that was parked behind it on the Lotus stand. I bought an Elise SC not long after that.

Little did I ever think I would one day own that very Esprit....

Apparently, they could not decide whether it looked better with or without the spoiler.

Simon