free hit
counters
Coventry meets Hethel - Introductions - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Coventry meets Hethel

AceVentura

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to TLF Rich. What have you got your eye on?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

That's the plan. Going on two years now. Luckily I am short enough to fit the car. See attached photo.

Now I need parts, desperately. I need California specific parts. Guess which ones?

-Rich in C-bad

post-18415-0-56771700-1428676677.jpg

Welcome to TLF Rich. What have you got your eye on?

1990 Lotus Esprit SE. In fact I've had my eyes, feet, knuckles and wallet on one for several weeks. It's been a two year project so far though.

-Rich

Stevens 1990 Lotus Esprit SE

Got Milk Parts?

Hmmm project..... Sounding painful......

Is it emissions based stuff you need ? Most of it ends up in the skip over in the uk

Just to clarify, the car runs well enough. The steering bits are a bit knackered. The paint job is not too horrid. (Monaco White.mostly)

It will be awhile before I can go for a piss up (visit too the Pub) in the lotus.

Note: I translated my reply to something that almost completely does not resemble proper King's English for you guys across The Pond.

I love using words like 'whilst' and 'saloon' and 'bollucks' in everyday conversations now (picked up ages ago from the Jaguar club)

However, a car repair guide used the word 'swarf'. I was at a loss on this term. Had to give it a bit of a look up on Merriam-Webster's site. Horses for courses I suppose.

-Rich

"Bollocks" :P

5 stars for giving it a shot though dear boy!  :harhar:

Welcome to the forum mate. We have a thriving American membership who will be more than happy to help you out at any time! If you need anything on the forum, please don't hesitate to ask and feel free to post topics up in the technical sections if you need help with the car (I stay away from those awful awful technical places...makes me shudder just thinking about getting my "Hands Dirty" as you "greasey handed oiks" say)....

Toodle Pip and tatty bye! :D

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM

Surely you boys just throw the guts out of the ebpv in the bin loikes the rest of us do?

Is it a must that you have it over the pond?

Excuse my ignorance ......... But eyes Anglo saxony Englishman

Only here once

Welcome to TLF Rich. :welcome:

Best of luck, though I would have thought you could do away with the EBPV as well?

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Welcome to the forum mate. We have a thriving American membership who will be more than happy to help you out at any time! If you need anything on the forum, please don't hesitate to ask and feel free to post topics up in the technical sections if you need help with the car (I stay away from those awful awful technical places...makes me shudder just thinking about getting my "Hands Dirty" as you "greasey handed oiks" say)....

Thank you for the grand welcome Kimbers! I'm trying to keep my hands clean as well. But the Lotus calls, and I will answer with vigor.

Happy motoring, and.....GO MANCs!

-Rich in Carlsbad

Manchester United.bmp

Welcome to TLF Rich. :welcome:

Best of luck, though I would have thought you could do away with the EBPV as well?

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :)

Hi Ramjet,

I would prefer it only one way; the way God & Peter Stevens intended the Lotus to be. Unfortunately our emissions restrictions here have stacked the deck.

-Rich in Carlsbad, California US of A

That's a pity. I had one as well, but once I had thought about it and our cars do not get inspected constantly, I gutted the valve of butterfly and shaft, blocked the vacuum line and then reinstalled the valve so it looks original. Never had an issue with it since.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

I met a really nice ex-Londoner fellow at work this week. He said that he sometimes misspells 'bollocks' as well. In conversing with him I also mixed up the city that uses the term 'Scouser'. I thought perhaps it was Manchester?

My new Londoner mate quickly corrected my knowledge on the differences between Liverpool and Manchester folks.  :laser:

-Rich