free hit
counters
Exhaust noise - Page 3 - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

So - i've read it a number of times, and didn't believe it until I've experienced it. Exhaust noise. 

The Evora doesn't suit the sound it makes from standard (atleast, the NA standard backbox). So having switched to one of Jim's valved solutions, I drove past some kids the other day with the window down (seems customary now!)

"Oh god, IS THAT A FERRARI?!" 

Whereas previously if I drove past people walking with their backs to me, i'd have crept up like a Nissan Leaf. Now they now turn round a mile ahead and watch/stare as I blast past :D 

Even my rather mate whos relatively sedate when it comes to cars and noises said it sounded 'most excellent'. lol :D Sadly i'm at work this week and away from the GoPro; but once we get some nice weather at the weekend, i'll stick up a video. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

11393110_10155580209425582_277674278658711023446_10155580209615582_8261448247327

• Like 1

Ooooh, those carbon finished exhaust tips look fandabidozi !  I thought my blue tipped Lotus Sport one were the bees knees, but hmmm, these are good, very good. Can't wait to hear them too.

So - i've read it a number of times, and didn't believe it until I've experienced it. Exhaust noise. 

The Evora doesn't suit the sound it makes from standard (atleast, the NA standard backbox). So having switched to one of Jim's valved solutions, I drove past some kids the other day with the window down (seems customary now!)

Whereas previously if I drove past people walking with their backs to me, i'd have crept up like a Nissan Leaf. Now they now turn round a mile ahead and watch/stare as I blast past :D

Even my rather mate whos relatively sedate when it comes to cars and noises said it sounded 'most excellent'. lol :D Sadly i'm at work this week and away from the GoPro; but once we get some nice weather at the weekend, i'll stick up a video. 

glad you like it. Is there a big difference between the two settings? Sometimes it is nice to travel incognito, well as much as you can in an Evora....

C43

11393110_10155580209425582_277674278658711023446_10155580209615582_8261448247327

Those tips look great and fill the aperture nicely.

What happened to the video...?

Just saying...

I changed to a modified std valved S exhaust without the valve bit and i'd agree that it's totally changed the car for me.   Sooooo much more fun. 

Anybody know how to access the front manifold for removal? The seat inspection hatch looks to small to get at the manifold