free hit
counters
Evora remote unlocking range issue - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
blundey

Evora remote unlocking range issue

Hi Guys,

Is it my car or is it all evoras? I basicaly have to be right next to the car for the keyfob to work. One is a new key as well and has the same issue...bit pointless in having remote unlocking and being able to manually trigger the alarm, if i have to be right up close..

Any ingenious fixes im unaware of?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

New battery? Worked from 5m-ish away on all the ones I've had. 

Have you tried holding it against your head? :lol:

Touch your head with the key before pressing the button, this will increase the range  :ermm:

Doh, beaten to it!

I have to be next to the door for mine to work, the boot release can be a little hit and miss too...that's with both fobs.

Mine has a really big range,absolutely no problem, unlike my old Exige S2.

Tried the head, and pointing it into my ear and looking at the car and all sorts. The new key i believe has a new battery...but ill try change it out and see if it helps. My old elise i could do from miles away, so found it interesting this has this issue.

Even new batteries aren't new, if you know what I mean. Could have sat on a shelf for a year. Perhaps try another 'new' battery to see if it helps?

I had a similar problem when I bought mine and dealer insisted they had fitted new batteries. I went out and bought some and it solved the problem. So as Bibs says.

Regards,

David Walters

will give it ago, tough old key to pull open!

Funnily enough it's actually really easy to open. With back facing up just bend it in half with your hands and it opens up. You don't need a screwdriver or any other tool.

• Like 1

We had this problem on our first Evora when I was still under warranty. Apparently the aerial was broken on the receiver which is mounted under the middle of the dashboard, so it only locked/unlocked if the key was held less than 2 feet from the windscreen. The receiver was replaced after the dashboard was removed and we never had any further problems. Murrays indicated the aerial was probably bent or tugged during initial build although it only failed after about 18 months.

My range isn't great either, but consistent so no concerns here yet. Sometimes I can be standing next to the car with key in pocket and it won't unlock, take key out of pocket and then it works :)

I have spare CR2025 batteries ready to go but hopefully won't need them for a while.

I should have seen that coming....

No just normal pants or shorts :huh:  (same thing happens with a variety of them)

All of mine have worked from at least 5m and yesterday by pure fluke I had forgotten to lock car and was walking back pressing the lock button from the rear 3/4 position and it must have locked from about 10-12m much to my surprise and not new batteries or anything.

Batterys have made this issue alot better. Still not great but i havent got to be in the car to open it.

I was leaving the mother in laws the other day and whilst by her front door and tried my car which was down the road and it opened first time. I paced it back and it was around 20-25 metres. I was quite impressed by that!

Check out, if you have a problem "still at the same parking place". 

I had the problem, that interferences on a defined parking space inabled the key to find the car. This can happen, if you are near a firework station or policestation with high frequencies radio antennas.

So your key is ok and your battery also, but the car does not identify the key. A pretty frustrating procedure. 

I was told by a barman nearby, that also BMW had this problem on the parking space of the restaurant a couple of times. 

I have to stand next to my car to unlock or lock it. The boot only opens after pressing the button about 30 times. I tried tapping or holding.

I think of it as a feature... I currently have a BMW loaner because my Evora is in the garage (again). It feels like luxury being able to unlock the car while you walk to eat and be able to get in straight away instead of having to wait before the car decides to unlock lol.

Edited by MrStephens