free hit
counters
Anyone with Exerpierence using Hella Bi-Focus Headlights on an SE - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
MikieP

Anyone with Exerpierence using Hella Bi-Focus Headlights on an SE

Hi all,

Yet another possible upgrade question for you all. I have been told that the Hella Bi-Focus headlights using H1 bulbs are the way to go if one wished to replace the very poor USA sealed low beams with something better. i already have the Hella spots for the high beam though not yet installed as I want to do both at the same time.

I have found several sellers though all seem to be located in Germany and they all are asking 86 GBP to ship to the US. Inserts are about 55GBP (no VAT) for the pair. Then I tried looking for more realistic (cheaper) methods to ship and can not find any such as Parcel2Go (where one end has to be the UK) etc.  Any one with any clues on both function and collection from Germany and USA delivery costs? lol.

MikieP

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

lol

You can set up a Fedex account and set the collection address anywhere you like :)

Hi Bibs,

I have an account but I tried that and guessing on weight and size, the cost was approx 123 GBP, even more.

It's a couple of bulbs! As the vendor for the size and weight to be sure.

I can next day, yes next day 4 wheels from the UK to the USA for less than you can send 2 bulbs! 

Yeah, I know. That is why I have asked question here about shipping from Germany to the US. I just had an extremely kind member on TLF ship me a pair of door sills from the UK and considering the weight and shape, were quite cheap in comparison, but from Berlin, things do not seem to be quite the same. Some outfits want quite a bit more to ship the two inserts here, ergo the thread asking for any secrets I am not aware of.

Example: http://www.buycarparts.co.uk/hella/929299#

and check out the shipping cost to USA. Ommmph. And they are cheaper than Fedex, UPS, DHL and other shipping services and insert sellers I have looked at so far. Perhaps it is an EU vs UK thing?

Dearer to OZ so you are getting a deal Michael.

Hi Michael,

Yes, I did look at the other destinations and am quite shocked at postage for two inserts and wondering where I have had my head these past ten years or so.

MikieP