free hit
counters
Elise 111r & SC Question - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
LF1

Elise 111r & SC Question

Been looking through the PH classifieds as I seem to spend too much time doing these days and noticed a 111r that's been supercharged to 220bhp:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/elise-s2/lotus-elise-111r-supercharged/4000535

Excuse my lack of knowledge, what would be the difference (other than provenance) if you bought a 111r and put the Lotus SC on it (as done here) to that and an actual Elise SC?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

If it were a later car none..

However since this is a 2004 car then I think it will be a manual throttle car (all factory SC Elise's are dbw)

My 05 plate car has the factory manual throttle upgrade though & seems to go ok!

Also in the add it mentions the ecu has had a re-flash to alter the cam change point & in my experience the factory SC upgrade comes with it's own re-flash/ecu...........

Edited by Ishy

Thanks Rich, I have a mate that really wants an S2 SC, more for the power than anything else, or go for an S1 and do the full on honda conversion over a year or so (will cost about the same as an S2 SC in the end), I suggested maybe the 111r, then adding an SC down the line and probably saving a fair whack... did not want to be giving away crap advice though.

• Like 1

He could do worse than have a look at my S2 if he would be doing as many trackdays as you!

Send me a link, he does, but also want to commute 100 miles a day (what a guy!)... I know trading his 350z is important for him though.

Just sent you a pm with spec but forgot to mention if he's interested we could maybe sort something with regards to his trade-in!