free hit
counters
Oil Cooler recall/ warranty - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
DaveC72

Oil Cooler recall/ warranty

So, Evora is back in Westover's getting a faulty headlamp and the BT sorted.

Whilst there, they mentioned there was a Lotus notice out on the Oil cooler.  

Regrettably SWMBO was in tow, so didn't have a chance to get the full detail.

Anyone heard anything/ had something similar?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks Mike, although was told that this was a very recent notice.

So either it is brand new, or they missed it previously :(

There is another post somewhere about the recall.  Was a limited number of cars and was a rusting oil hose connection or something, so hoses had to be replaced.  Came out at the back end of the year and wasn't a rush job to be done.  I eventually had it done in Feb when I had my annual service.  

Ah, thanks Al. Between you and Mike think I have my answer. Did search for the notice first, but probably missed it based on date.

Well, the link I posted is for an oil line recall and was launched in November 2014, so probably the same thing?

Email Neil Turner at Lotus Customer Service with your VIN and he will be able to tell you if anything is outstanding. My 2012 model was not subject to the 2014/02R recall but yours probably is as it is a 2011 car ?

Shouldn't whoever is doing your service/work go through that sort of stuff and make sure nothing is outstanding?

Email Neil Turner at Lotus Customer Service with your VIN and he will be able to tell you if anything is outstanding. My 2012 model was not subject to the 2014/02R recall but yours probably is as it is a 2011 car ?

That's definitely worth knowing, thanks.  Yes, looks like it was limited to a set range of 2011 cars.

Shouldn't whoever is doing your service/work go through that sort of stuff and make sure nothing is outstanding?

I'm kind of with you on this.  I bought the car in February, so would have expected it to be done beforehand, but as the car was in Westover's anyway they have at least now picked it up and are getting it done.