free hit
counters
In search of a double-jointed orangutan - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
redshift

In search of a double-jointed orangutan

Well the driver's door mirror had come loose and judging by the service notes the ring nut inside the mirror is the culprit. Shouldn't take long.....

24qr05t.jpg

So having lain on the floor with my arm up through that speaker hole and tried with just about every type of 10mm spanner in the toolbox, I end up with a cut down tube spanner. After a mere 1 hour of attempts we finally have the 2 fixing bolts back in.

While inspecting the fibreglass rash to my forearm I am left to wonder what creature they employed in the factory for this task?

I can only think of a double jointed orangutan.....

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Lol, had to take mine off a few years ago, from memory I think I found access was easier through the panel behind the door lever

Double-joined orang-utan you say?

Sparky's your man. (Or primate).

Funny you should say that;I find it quite easy. Although I've doubled my rate to 2 bananas.

• Like 1

Had a similar problem with the electric window motor fixings.......

Bloody oraungutans - I even tried to force the kids arms in there.........

Haven't done the mirrors, but the window modules weren't any problem.

Now going to go and swing from a tree. Back in awhile.

Spookily just started this job the other day :)  (mirror removal) with reference to Alex's excellent photo guide and an Aldi 10mm flexi ratchet at hand. I haven't removed the speaker plate yet to guauge difficulty; would a couple of neat holes drilled further up get a socket on the bolt heads, or is there stuff up there in the way?

Incidentally, thought I'd seen the last of the Dremel after the bumper removal, only to find one of those 2 inoccuous screws that hold the door panel on at the bottom rusted solid......FFS Lotus!

The two 10 mm are hidden way up top there would be no point I'm afraid . But on a kneeling mat use you left hand up inside the drivers door and your right hand for the passenger side . My new Honda mirrors have three each side now bur I'm no stranger now to blood and harming scars