free hit
counters
How many Evoras in the UK? - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bravo73

How many Evoras in the UK?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That's almost more than all the S4 models worldwide. That number is only in the UK isn't it?

It's only about 100 a year though - or one a month per dealer...

Most Evora production has gone overseas, Europe and USA mostly I believe.

Those stats are the official DVLA stats.........

They aren't 'official' DVLA stats. The website is run by a guy who extracts his information from DVLA records. Hence the notorious inaccuracies.

But you can download the data from the DVLA website yourself if you want to check it. Is it really 'notoriously inaccurate' or did someone tell you that. The link is provided at the bottom of the How Many Left page and will reflect all the data that DVLA has. If owners aren't keeping DVLA up to date that is not their fault. It's probably pretty accurate based on what DVLA actually have been told and, unless you are a Lotus salesman or marketing executive not terribly important. The Evora is sufficiently rare to be special.

Edited by the83man

The Evora is sufficiently rare to be special.

Absolutely. I wasn't really aware of just how rare they were before I bought mine.

Talking of which, I actually passed another one on the road today, in Banbury. Grey/silver on a '10' plate. I think that is only the second one that I have seen 'in the wild', so to speak although I have seen many chums cars etc.

I was being chaufferd in the wife's Astra at the time so now recognition attempts were made.....

Your DVLA site, or this other one that is being used, wouldn't list OS cars though would they?

No, only UK registered cars are listed.

Production figures are a different thing alltogether. According to Left Lane there were 1286 European slaes from 2009 - 2014 inclusive. Then there's the USA and Rest of World so total production must be at about 3,000 plus by now.

Edited by the83man

Is it really 'notoriously inaccurate' or did someone tell you that.

(Nice edit!) ;)

No, I wasn't just 'told that'. My assessment has come from multiple threads on multiple car forums. The site often produces unfeasibly high or low numbers for certain models of cars. Hence the reputation for being 'notoriously inaccurate'.

Anyway, unless someone knows different, it would appear that there are only about 500 Evoras in the UK. Which, like you said, makes it a very rare car.

For clarity I should probably say that I have no connection with 'How Many Left' and I cannot make any firm comment on the accuracy of their figures But, as I say I knowe that they do use DVLA data.

I suspect that may one-make clubs will have records at variance with DVLA mainly because, if their records include pre-1983 cars, many of these may not have made it onto the DVLA records when the system was computerised. That said, I would imagine that all new car registration since 1983 are known to DVLA. The innacuracies mainly arise from that missing early car data and the fact that dealers register their cars under slightly different names, cc ratings etc and the DVLA computer uses all the computer data to create unique records. Any such discrepancies might therefore be recorded as differnt makes and models on the DVLA computer. A clasic example is Lotus-Cortina and Cortins-Lotus, often the same thing (particularly Mk 2s) but recorded as different makes. If you have a look at the Elise/Exige records you will find so many different models (76 varieties) that only a generic name count will give anything like accurate data. The Evora records aren't much better where there are 14 different models listed. Rubbish in, rubbish out.

Edited by the83man