free hit
counters
engine bay vent ducting from air scoops on S2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Freemason

engine bay vent ducting from air scoops on S2

I have cleaned up the LH ear and the vent that channels the air into the engine bay, and am looking to buy some new ducting to join the two. Problem is, ear feed has an internal diameter of 700mm, whilst the engine bay vent is 850mm. I've thrown out the old dirty ducting, so no can't remember how they got around this from factory? I don't remember there being a reducer in there.

IMG_2298_zps0izrcgsn.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Never throw anything until the new parts are fitted and working!!!  Even then I tend to keep stuff. I learnt that a long time ago

Not sure if it's the same as the s3, but on mine there's a big "silencer" involved which acted as the reducer.

Don't have pics to hand I'm afraid. Also, the ( I think) larger tube which feeds the air intake was ducted on mine to the boot compartment. You might be able to confirm this by looking at the parts list? ( which is free as a full forum member.) seems a bit daft given how hot that gets!

Right hand ear goes to engine cooling. Right hand vent goes to airbox. Left hand ear goes to left hand vent for demisting/bot cooling.

So your vent goes to the carbs and ear goes to cooling.

Pete