free hit
counters
Evora bump start? - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bruss

Evora bump start?

My battery is flat and the boot release cable isn't working.

Is there anywhere on the Evora in the passenger cabin that I can safely connect a trickle charger to?

Ta

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Are you sure the boot release isn't working?  I thought that, but it just wasn't 'popping'  All I needed was another person to lift it as I tugged the cable T bar.  Relief all round.  

I think if you connect a trickle charger with cigarette lighter fitting to the interior socket at the back seats it pops a fuse or does something to the ECU from an issue any years ago.  Maybe the front of centre console one is better although I know the dealer told me to use the boot one for some reason years ago for my trickle charger.

Sorry not very definitive.  Try calling your dealer?

Thanks Al. On my own here today in the middle of the French countryside. I've tried bouncing on the boot around the lock area and I've pushed the cable release fully in to the outer and then held the outer and pulled the inner. Still no joy.  There are a couple of fuse panels in the passenger cabin, I just don't want to connect a trickle charger and then fry something I shouldn't.

The boot release cable needs a hell of a tug... 

Once I blocked the lock and my Evora's boot release was also extremely tough to start moving. It worked after some attempts...Where are you in France?

Yep I have opened the boot on my previous Evora. This one is to the point if I tug it any harder something is going to fall off. :-)

Make sure you're pulling straight in the cables direction of travel, towards the middle of the car. It really takes a lot of force but in the right direction. 

The in car cigarette lighter could be used to charge but it's only active on ignition.... Not sure if there is enough charge to trip the relay that would connect it?

Ahh! The old Basil Fawlty attack car with tree gag, hey!