free hit
counters
What's this sticker in the engine bay? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
soldave

What's this sticker in the engine bay?

Giving my car a bit of a clean today and had a look in the engine bay.  Now there's a hell of a lot to do on the car but little things like this bug me and get my OCD going.  What is this sticker (circled in red) near the VIN stamp?  Am hoping I might be able to get a replacement but need to find out what I'm looking for first.

post-17588-0-66589600-1430068110.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

This is the e11 sticker that denotes what type approval the car passed. I have found a supplier on the net who will reproduce them if I can provide them with an original. Mine are intact so I intend on getting them over to him asap. There should also be a smaller one next to it. I will post photos soon

• Like 1

This is the e11 sticker that denotes what type approval the car passed. I have found a supplier on the net who will reproduce them if I can provide them with an original. Mine are intact so I intend on getting them over to him asap. There should also be a smaller one next to it. I will post photos soon

Thanks man. Keep me informed. Would like to get a replacement for show season :-)

Off my Esprit...... not sure if it's of any use:

C3381414-9CDB-4CFF-9321-A7ACB5743476_zps

• Like 1

Thanks for that, Daniel.  Gives me something to go at, depending on Mike's success.

These are the 3 - all mounted upside down to aid viewing from above. The E11 sticker is serialised I suspect so I will need to check the number on mine with yours Dave. There is also a smaller E11 sticker under the Larger sticker shown more clearly on the second photo

post-16070-0-80292100-1430850866.jpg

post-16070-0-26906900-1430850881.jpg

If these are serialised then I shall have to copy your number Dave since the last four digits of mine are unreadable. Mine also starts b075u!the last four digits on yours appears to be 1751?

If these are serialised then I shall have to copy your number Dave since the last four digits of mine are unreadable. Mine also starts b075u!the last four digits on yours appears to be 1751?

Feel free to copy the digits from mine :)

Already ordered mine!

Well done, i have been looking for these for some time.

Got mine today. Not quite so heavy duty as the originals but pretty good replicas

Stickers stuck!

post-10050-0-54439600-1432463444.jpg

post-10050-0-28705900-1432463476.jpg

• Like 1

Got mine on my return from Japan today so will try to clean the engine bay and get them in tomorrow :)

Got mine in the engine bay and they put the rest of it to shame with their shininess!

2015-05-25%2009.48.57_zpsncocaguk.jpg

2015-05-25%2009.49.04_zpsjl8ztlqm.jpg

One thing I did notice that was interesting is that my Valvoline Lubricants sticker is in silver, not gold as seen on some others.  I've not replaced that one as it's pretty good condition but am wondering why it is a different colour?  Only reason I can think of is that my car was originally gold and so they used a non-gold sticker for contrast.