free hit
counters
Nose job - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

So, had a flakey nose badge and swapped it for a black / silver version, and then removed the number plate plinth and went for a stick on one like I had on previous Elise. Legal sized font, spacing etc, cut to min size by DMB graphics. Quite happy with the new look, but will get the splitter wrapped in black which will cover 3 of the 5 small screw holes and make it easily reversible.post-8567-0-73665000-1430071834.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Not legal on anything to my knowledge except e-types and caterhams. I most likely am wrong though :) 

It's not illegal unless you get caught, is my view though :) My numberplate is space-less currently, and no issues. I'm sure many would look past the stick-on plate too. 

Just will be an issue if you find an unfriendly copper. 

That said, I was thinking about doing this the other day; surely a number plate really screws up the downforce flowing into the bonnet area, let alone reducing aerodynamic properties. 

When nice Mr plod pulls you over - just be very polite and courteous.

They are so used to the innit copper chav back chat [email protected] idiots...... Once they realise they have a decent member of humanity in front of them - you should be absolutely fine......

It is perfectly visible - I wonder what an mot tester would think.

Number plate aside - car looks the dogs.....

Cheers for the feedback / comments.  Having had an S1 111s Elise with a bonnet stick on plate for 5+ years, and older Loti with just the numbers attached to the mesh grill, I will take my chances and be very polite! There can be no visibility issue, so just hope I don't meet Mr pedant. AFIK, the rule states that it should be mounted on the most forward vertical position ...... but now there isn't a vertical position  :hope:  

Best of luck with it all. Car does look great. :thumbup:

I wonder if the Alfa style off centre plate might work?

Like this?

lotus-evora-coupe-petrol_21166468.jpg

That said, I was thinking about doing this the other day; surely a number plate really screws up the downforce flowing into the bonnet area, let alone reducing aerodynamic properties. 

Lotus knew the plate would have to be there so will have accounted for this in design of the front end and cooling system. While moving it would promote more airflow through the rad, it's not necessary. 

My thought was the Alfa style offset plate. would work well.  I guess they don't go arresting every Alfa driver they can find, so it should be ok for an Evora.  There seems to be a deal of confusion over the stick-on front plates even though they seem to be a good solution for some cars. TBH, I've been running an undersized show plate on the front of my Elise because I got fed up with it being knocked off on the slightest bump in the road.