free hit
counters
Cracked external A-Pillar Cover - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Tris...

Cracked external A-Pillar Cover

Hi,

noticed yesterday that the Black external A-Pillar cover had cracked on the Drivers Side near the top.

I'm sure I have seen a discussion about this somewhere but couldn't find it.

Presumably I can order a replacement from Lotus or are there nicer after market ones available.

Any advice on where to look gratefully received.

Tris...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Try here:

http://www.deroure.com/diagrams.asp?TBL=5544&MAK=1&MDL=20&SMA=0&SMO=0&ST=&SC=0

Part 26 & 27 (D132U4007F left & D132U4008F right)

£32+VAT

Might be cheaper to give part numbers to your local dealer and see what they can do for discount?

Hope that helps,

Lee.

TADTS. There are some after market carbon fibre ones available, but pretty expensive. Alternatively it could be stuck together and skinned.

Ohhhh Carbon Fibre, we like CF, where did you order them from, what sort of price are we talking?

Thanks for the responses guys, I'd forgotten I'd posted this.

Tris...

Tris they were quite pricey a £200 inc tax and shipping etc. they only arrived Friday and look great quality and also the GT4 wing!

Thanks

Alan

Was it that chap in Hong Kong?  I have seen some posts on Lotus Talk about his stuff.  Not only CF but 3 different weaves as well.

I'm tempted by the A pillars, wing mirror shrouds and the air intake scoops, but have other bigger fish to fry building a house at the moment instead of frivolous kit for the car so I have no hope of justifying past the Financial Director.  :huh:

Yes Al it was from the guy on lotus talk, i am really impressed with the quality and finish to it. A bit of a pain with the import duty and tax, but still not a bad price. That's why I also used man maths and ordered the GT4 wing as could get other parts in same box for shipping. But decided I don't really want the wing now, so have put that up for sale

Was it that chap in Hong Kong?  I have seen some posts on Lotus Talk about his stuff.  Not only CF but 3 different weaves as well.

I'm tempted by the A pillars, wing mirror shrouds and the air intake scoops, but have other bigger fish to fry building a house at the moment instead of frivolous kit for the car so I have no hope of justifying past the Financial Director.  :huh:

Al - you must try harder.  Get your builder to order the parts for you and invoice you as "carbon fibre roof truss hangers" or something to do with the Kitchen.  Then bury the invoice at the bottom of the pile of all the others and the FD will not find out.  Unless of course she calls in the auditors, but then, they've been known to miss a few things and drop a few clangers over the years so you should be OK....  :) :) :)

Yes Al it was from the guy on lotus talk, i am really impressed with the quality and finish to it. A bit of a pain with the import duty and tax, but still not a bad price. That's why I also used man maths and ordered the GT4 wing as could get other parts in same box for shipping. But decided I don't really want the wing now, so have put that up for sale

Does he have a website or how does one get hold of him to order?  I haven't sussed that out yet!

Al - you must try harder.  Get your builder to order the parts for you and invoice you as "carbon fibre roof truss hangers" or something to do with the Kitchen.  Then bury the invoice at the bottom of the pile of all the others and the FD will not find out.  Unless of course she calls in the auditors, but then, they've been known to miss a few things and drop a few clangers over the years so you should be OK....   :) :) :)

Andy, brilliant.  Houston - we have a plan.

Muchassgrassyarse Bibs.  That is quite a varied website!  It took me a long time to get past the grid girls and models looking for the CF parts to then only to realise they were in another section.  Stoopid me!  :B)  :hrhr:

Thanks for that posting.  His kit all looks lovely even if it requires man-maths to justify.  It is the same guy that Bibs posted as far as I can see.  KFEVER is on that link as well.

Do you just e-mail him and agree a price for whatever you want delivered and he makes the bits then, or what is the deal with him? How do you purchase?  Does he have another website for just the carbon bits with the prices?

Al.

Al. I contacted him via Lotus talk and then agreed price etc. He then orders and ships, the whole process takes about 6 yo 8 weeks. But remember there is then duty and tax to pay when it arrives. I had a nice letter from parcel force telling me what I needed to pay before they would deliver!

Alan - out of interest, what was the duty / tax to be paid as % of what you agreed to pay /be invoiced  by HKFever?

I've seen a lot of his stuff advertised on Lotustalk and the general feedback from the US, of people who have actually bought and installed is ALL positive which is a great recommendation re quality.

In fact, on one piece he did a GTE wing that had the carbon in a chevron pattern from the exact centre of the wing flat - it looked absolutely amazing.

I don't have the cash right now, but would consider the louvred rear screen replacement, A pillars, mirror caps and door pulls - put on a matching carbon wrap on the roof and voila, my pretty innocent Scarlett would turn into a deadly Nikita!   :2guns:

You can email Charles (AKA HKFEVER) directly at Charles (at) wahyuen (dot) com for carbon fiber parts. He generally does not stock parts, but ships approximately 35 days AFTER payment is received. He also provides package tracking etc. You can find him on Lotustalk where he sells quite a bit of cf and has great feedback.

I have purchased his mirror covers, A-pillars, rear diffuser, diffuser finisher, and sail panel. I already have a GT4 wing but I may order his cf wing next. I am very impressed with his parts.

I'd love a GT4 wing, but at that price it's a lot of money....

I might have dropped him an email to ask about a Sailfin and GT4 wing though :lol:

UK group buy?

Someone Just tried a GB on SELOC, but all went quiet once the issue of import tax raised its ugly head.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw Lee's post..

But Colin...you just killed it. :D

It was me that tried a group buy on SELOC and then got hit with the import tax issue etc etc so hence decided to do it myself and only my cash to worry about!

You get hit with 20% tax I. E VAT and 5% import duty

So it was a killer but when I compare cost to anything else CF for Evora still not bad

I be happy to arrange anything if anyone interested in buying some of The CF parts now that I have dealt with him and the quality etc

Is the tax based on the purchase price or an estimate? I've heard horror stories of huge bills being presented.