free hit
counters
Best internal Go Pro mount for track day - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Whitey

Best internal Go Pro mount for track day

I'm booked on track at Combe on 23/5 and want to catch some of it on the Go Pro. I have got a flexible Gooseneck  mount that I can can clamp on the side of the pax seat - also thought about a self adhesive mount on the rear window.  Anyone tried these, or others, and which method works best?

Cheers. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

A lot of tracks insist the camera is clamped rather than on a suction cup or adhesive mount. Be worth giving them a call before you spend any cash to be sure.

Yes, a lot of track days only allow suction cups on the outside of the car. I modified a cheap suction cup mount to go on the passenger head-rest by replacing the suction cup with a through-bolt and then putting a plate behind the back of the headrest. It was secure but TBH there was a lot of vibration.

In my other cars I just have adhesive mounts on the dash and front splitter - I'm too precious of my Evora to do that though!

I have used a suction mount on the window of my S4 before with no issues whatsoever. Would check first like Bibs has said though.

Castle Combe used to be OK, but no longer allow suction mounts....which is all I have.  They do allow permanent fixings and clamps, but you will be ridiculed in the briefing by the chief instructor.  Worth it though, if you capture a good session.

I had two mounts on my Evora S:

• Inside, mounted on the rear window sill. This is the  "classic" postion for inside videos.
  • Outside on the rear of the front license splinth. A very unique POV that makes for great videos.

It is best to adjust the Gopro for narrow or normal width video. Wide makes no sense when driving.

Cheers for the replies all - will be doing a few tests this w/e :driving: