free hit
counters
S2 resurrection after 25 years in storage - Page 29 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Rolls

S2 resurrection after 25 years in storage

3 hours ago, Rolls said:

Sorry what do you mean?

Satin unless the body colour is the same - I.e. black? 

Thanks

Peter suggests it OK to paint the mirrors and scoops in gloss black in the event you choose to paint the body in that overall, I'd say. I'd agree insofar as there is no reason to draw undue attention to those tack-on pieces by way of contrasting finish. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 11/09/2019 at 13:57, Rolls said:

Sorry what do you mean?

Satin unless the body colour is the same - I.e. black? 

Thanks

That's it. If you want a gloss finish on the mirrors paint them the same colour as the body. If you want them black make them satin, unless you are painting the whole car black in which case the satin vs gloss contrast might be a bit odd. That's what I think anyway.

Pete

• Like 1

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Speaking of mirrors. Any tips on how to disassemble the unit? Does the mirror simply pop off? I’ve applied a fair amount of pressure - feels like the mirror will break. 
F7006283-D3BA-452D-A92B-5ABC992711DC.thumb.jpeg.e5cb524f7bab8d7370cdbd16776b8ed1.jpeg
D9AC1E72-BC38-4F80-8453-521846EB4271.thumb.jpeg.ac14155df1a733851402bf30d30a607f.jpeg

Remove the mirror from its plastic surround. Tricky not to break use a razor or thin handled blade, it’s held on with tape, behind the mirror are holes t9 get a screwdriver in and unscrew the mechanism.

• Like 1