free hit
counters
The Best place in hampshire to set up an Esprit S1 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Alec Grimsey

The Best place in hampshire to set up an Esprit S1

Hi all,

I would love your opinions please.  I am still a little unhappy with our Lotus Esprit S1 as when it is hot it tends to cut out at idle and not want to re-start.  It could be carbs, timing or something else.  I don't think my expertise or equipment is going to resolve it without a lot of chasing my tail.

I am thinking of taking it somewhere to get it checked out and set up properly, possibly on a rolling road, but hopefully quite close to Andover so I don't breakdown on the way.  I have come across Ray West at Thruxton who says no problem they can sort it and I wondered if anyone had any experience of them, knew anything about them or could even recommend someone.

Thanks for your input, I look forward to hearing your everyones thoughts.

Alec

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You could try Esprit Engineering in Downton, near Salisbury.  Geoff can sort it out.  I've taken my car to him for 13 years and he's always done a good job.

Sportomotive in Salisbury all day long for me, particularly for the G cars.

• Like 1

Good to know. I wouldn't know where to start in Hampshire but Bell and Colvill aren't too far away.

Another vote for Cos & Dave at Sporto. They're great :)

Thanks Guys all great suggestions. I will give them a call. Thanks for all your input.

don't all lotus' hate to be restarted after being warm...I always remember my s3 brand new in 1988 was always a pig to restart, even my s4s hates it and has a dicky fit if i stall...

A common cause of cutting out on the S1 is apparently the ignition switch.

Just another quiet vote for Geoff at esprit engineering. He's honest, knowledgable and always willing to help.

Gibbie