free hit
counters
Removing the front bonnet panel (to refill the screenwash) - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
BillTheButcher

Removing the front bonnet panel (to refill the screenwash)

I really need to fill up the windscreen wash before using the car tomorrow morning. It's the first time I've had to take the front bonnet panel off and I can't find the user manual.  :huh:

Can someone please give me some easy-to-follow instructions (I mean, really easy to follow; I'm a complete numpty)?

Thanks.  :smoke:

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

What?! Need to take off a bonnet panel to fill up screen wash?

• Like 1

Can someone please give me some easy-to-follow instructions (I mean, really easy to follow; I'm a complete numpty)?

Reminds me of an episode of the US Office. Michael Scott asks his accountant to explain what a surplus is, as if explaining it to an 8 year old. He does so. Michael, with a puzzled look then asks him to explain it again as if doing so to a 6 year old.

Love it!

• Like 1

What?! Need to take off a bonnet panel to fill up screen wash?

I'm sure that's what I was told when I bought the car. Jamie from B&C did show me - it involves a latch somewhere and some little pegs I think - but I can't really remember.

Reminds me of an episode of the US Office. Michael Scott asks his accountant to explain what a surplus is, as if explaining it to an 8 year old. He does so. Michael, with a puzzled look then asks him to explain it again as if doing so to a 6 year old.

Love it!

:hrhr:

• Like 1

Let's make a video and upload onto YouTube when you are doing it. I'm your subscriber now. Lol

• Like 1

Perhaps this will help ---- Front access panel

To remove:

Standing by the left hand side of the vehicle, use your right hand forefinger to push the panels release lever forwards, releasing the panel from the latch assembly.

• The rear of the panel will slightly raise.

• Pull each outer end of the panel upwards releasing the panels retaining posts from the rubber sockets.

• Withdraw the panel rearwards to release it from its keyhole slots in the clamshells centre exit grille.

To refit:

Locate the two front pegs into the keyhole slots and slide the panel down and forwards.

• Locate the panels central retaining pin into the latch: firmly pressing down until an audible click is heard.

• Press each side of the panel down into their rubber sockets.

• Press the access panel one final time at its centre above the latch area to confirm it is fully secured into position.

WARNING: Ensure the access panel is refitted and properly secured before driving. 

• Like 1