free hit
counters
Charcoal Canister solenoid - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
lotus'areyellow

Charcoal Canister solenoid

Hello everyone, I have a 97 Esprit V8. I recently installed new injectors, now for the first time ever I can hear a clicking noise coming from the charcoal canister. I can only hear this when the key is in the on position. The noise does not always make itself known. When it does, it does not stop until I turn the key back off. If it does make the noise and I turn the key off it does not always do it if I turn the key right back to the on position. Is there anywhere I can order a new canister or solenoid? I have checked Jae, nappa, autozone, oreily, and a lotus/lamb dealer. All of them come up with nothing. I checked a few websites across the ocean and they do not manufacturer these parts anymore. Is there another vehicle that I can pull a canister or solenoid off of maybe? Thanks everyone.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Don't believe that I have ever heard mine...  The charcoal canister actually has a pulse width modulated solenoid, so I wouldn't think you'd be able to hear it click much?

The V8 charcoal canister is the same as the earlier 4Cyl Esprits 89+.

I replaced mine with this part number #17092109  which is about $120 these days...  was less when I bought a couple years ago.

This one from RockAuto.com is the cheapest I found

http://www.rockauto.com/?a=G-GM14252-15001

IMG_3383.JPG

Fits these vehicles

BUICK ROADMASTER (1991 - 1993) BUICK SKYLARK 1988 CADILLAC 60 SPECIAL 1993 CADILLAC ALLANTE (1989 - 1992) CADILLAC BROUGHAM (1990 - 1992) CADILLAC COMMERCIAL CHASSIS 1992 CADILLAC DEVILLE (1988 - 1995) CADILLAC ELDORADO (1988 - 1993) CADILLAC FLEETWOOD (1988 - 1993) CADILLAC SEVILLE (1988 - 1993) CHEVROLET CAMARO (1988 - 1992) CHEVROLET CAPRICE (1988 - 1993) OLDSMOBILE CUSTOM CRUISER (1991 - 1992) OLDSMOBILE CUTLASS CALAIS 1988 PONTIAC FIREBIRD (1988 - 1992) PONTIAC GRAND AM 1988

To add to what Travis said, last time I looked you can buy one from Walmart, too

I'm planning on buying a new canister when I get to Florida in August, I'd be interested to hear how you get on, please.

EDIT: I have a Delco cross reference number of 215-163. Travis, maybe you can confirm that? If so the link is here - http://www.walmart.com/ip/ACDelco-Fuel-Vapor-Canister-215-163/34173822