free hit
counters
Removing the V6 coupe roof and refitting - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
CTRMint

Removing the V6 coupe roof and refitting

Finally the weather has improved this bank holiday, the sun is out and its warm.

I'm now wondering whether to remove the roof from my Cup.   I know the roof comes off easily, but my roof is quiet with no squeaks or rattles.  I'm wondering if it will be more noisy when I refit it?

Has anyone got any advice on this 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I noticed that when I removed my roof all the screws came completely out, my S2 roof the screws stayed in even when fully undone.

On the last version of the Exige when you took the roof off the bolts stayed attached to the actual roof. On the V6 when the bolts are undone they must come completely off. I think that is what he is eluding to.

Taking the roof off and putting it back on in the same way shouldn't introduce and squeaks and if it did it wouldn't be difficult to trace. The only thing i would be worried about would be rounding off the the alan key heads as Lotus do not usually select decent grade steel. 

On the last version of the Exige when you took the roof off the bolts stayed attached to the actual roof. On the V6 when the bolts are undone they must come completely off. I think that is what he is eluding to.

Yes, sorry must have been tired.  On my V6 the bolts do indeed come completely out which mean't they were harder to re-insert.