free hit
counters
window dropping - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Went out for a blast today, 150 miles of Scotland's finest roads to remind me what a clever smug chap I am for buying an evora.

Got home, clouds came so thought would give her a good clean. Took my son out for a pizza and came back to the car and drivers window fully open. Strange.

Headed off to cinema and drivers window just opened as we were driving.

Parked up, bought tickets and popcorn and sent son to check the car. Drivers window open again. Stranger.

Closed her all up and just stood looking at her glorious curves. Drivers window then just wound itself down. All on its own. Bloody strange!

Got in, window switch not working so drove home. Got window to close whilst drivibg then just before home it just opened again. Freakin strange now.

Anyone got any ideas / experience?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

They're baaccckkkk............  :ermm:  

Thanks Bibs - had spotted the reset procedure when searching the Oracle, ooops, I mean the The Forum, late last night, but was wondering if anyone else had had this occurrence as the others seemed to be more around the "door closing window movement" procedure....

In my naivety I am assuming that as I used a pressure washer to pre-rinse the car before washing (careful to avoid the headlamps) some moisture may have gotten into the door and window electricals?????

Failing that explanation, then maybe Ramjet is correct...... :help:

But that problem aside, I do have to say that Scarlett was looking beautiful after her bath and scrub!    :harhar:

Sounds like the regulator has gone awol, theres a few people on here who have had to have replacements fitted due to similar problems.

Andy, I think you have my previous car and the passenger window regulator was replaced just before I traded it into MMC!! In fact it was when I took it in to get it replaced that I was tempted into the new car.

Hope you are enjoying it as, window gremlin aside, it's a fantastic car & I had no intention of selling but got such a good deal that I couldn't resist.

Hi J2Lot, yes she is a beauty and I am very much enjoying her.

Re the window, yes, it's a pain but these things happen and not the end of the world...

Thanks for trading her in....!