free hit
counters
Exige S Club Racer - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
CTRMint

Exige S Club Racer

I've just been reading the spec of the new S Club racer and naturally ended up comparing it to my Cup car.  Now please remember I'm still pretty new to all things Lotus.  But the specs of the new Club Racer state a locking diff.   To me this seems strange the Club spec gets a locking diff and the Cup doesn't?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Where did you find the spec from? i was close to ordering a Club Racer but non of the dealers could get anymore information on the details over and above what was posted on the web. I couldn't even get pics of the new orange instead of chrome.

They had a yellow and orange one in build when i enquired and the yellow one looks to be finished. 

here

http://www.lotuscars.com/exige-s-club-racer#specs

• Fuel-injected and supercharged
  • 3.5-litre V6 engine develops 345bhp (350PS)
  • Delivers punchy 295lbs ft (400Nm) of torque
  • Mid-engine provides balance
  • Aero-optimised
  • Lotus-developed Dynamic Performance Management control
  • Locking differential
  • Bristling acceleration

though to be truthful the Cup also states locking diff, I'm sure mine doesn't have a locking diff and it wasn't an option.

:huh:

Yeh!, i wouldn't read into that to much, They might add it on the Exige 400 model out next year but i very much doubt they will add it to the club racer.  

Edited by Top cat

Yes, I noticed after the website revamp it stated this for the regular coupe. It still does today.

However, In the engine, transmissions and dimensions specification table it does somewhat clarify this by stating 'BOSCH Electronic Differential Lock [EDL]', so refers to the DPM modes.

I think I used the website feedback option back then to offer the opinion that the simple 'locking differential' term could be misleading, along with some other points which contradicted eachother on the new website.

Edited by Arun_D