free hit
counters
New forged wheels from Komo-tec - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

New forged wheels from Komo-tec

http://komo-tec.com/Shop/en/Exige/MK3-Toyota-V6/Wheels-tyres/KT-Sport-forged-wheel-Exige-S-V6.html

The new "KT-Forged" wheels are especially developed for the Exige S V6. 

The rims are made from the original Lotus factory suppliers, and have the same quality standards as the serial wheels. 

The special features of wheels include the following details: 

• The original emblems and wheel bolts can be used 1:1.
• Direct mounting without the use of adapters is possible. 
• The wheel is significantly lighter and stronger than the original wheel.

For comparison: 
Weight serial rim front axle: 8.25 kg, rear axle: 11.65 kg 
Weight "KT-forged" front axle: 6.70 kg, rear axle: 9.10 kg 

Thus with the use of the "KT-Forged" forged wheels 8.20 kg of rotating mass can be saved 
in comparison to the standard wheels, this is nearly a complete front axle serial rim ! 

Available in the following sizes: 
Front: 7.5 x 17 ", rear axle: 10 x 18" (the width is optimal at use of 265er tires) 

Regarding quality and design, but especially weight, this high-quality rims set a new standard! 

The wheels are supplied in a set. The colors available are black and silver. 

*** When ordering up to 04/06/2015 we offer the wheelset on a "season opening price" of 3190, - EUR ***. 

schmiedefelge(1).jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

They look really good. Appears to be the forged Elise S Cup optional alloy design but sized up for the V6.

Why is there only a picture of half a wheel? Or am I being thick and missing it. I can't see any pictures of said wheels on a car.

Click the link.

I did, it showed me even less of a picture, very small that didn't expand when clicked. I am looking using my iPad however with very slow connection.

You're quite right, all it shows on a car for some reason is part of a rear wheel on their white V6 at a silly obtuse angle.

More pics here. I think they look great and the weight saving is impressive. I've been waiting for Lotus to sign off some forged wheels since I bought the car but still no sign. I wonder if they'd have been any different to these?

http://komo-tec.com/Shop/Elise/MK2-Toyota-2004-2010/Reifen-Felgen/Pro-Forged-Schmiederad-Elise-Exige.html

It will be very interesting to see what the Lotus Cup race teams do.

Very similar but not quite the same. Those being the 16/17" for S2

post-1-0-89077800-1431012407.jpg

post-1-0-10324000-1431012415.jpg

They look a lot like Team Dynamics forged Ultralights  to me  :question:

I know you can get the TD 1.2s in Exige V6 fitment,  maybe they are also doing some of their more expensive sets too now?

unlike their rear wing, the wheels look good to me.

:thumbup:

• Like 1

They look a lot like Team Dynamics forged Ultralights to me :question:

I know you can get the TD 1.2s in Exige V6 fitment, maybe they are also doing some of their more expensive sets too now?

I haven't been able to find TD 1.2s in the Exige V6 firment. I've found the correct front wheel size but haven't been about to find the 9.5 x 18 size for the rears.

Chris, Bibs first post said that the rears come in 10" x 18", I think that is the only rear size available.

I wonder if going up in size affects feel, balance and handling though? These are quite precise cars in terms of their setup and I'd be nervous changing sizes.

Edited by ramjet

I always wonder about changing the sprung weight? Surely the Lotus engineers tune the suspension to jounce and rebound a certain weight? What happens if you change that or do you have to retune the suspension as well?

I haven't been able to find TD 1.2s in the Exige V6 firment. I've found the correct front wheel size but haven't been about to find the 9.5 x 18 size for the rears.

I saw them offered here:

http://www.seriouslylotus.com/wheels-tyres/wheels/v6-exige-team-dynamics-pro-race-1-2-s-alloy-wheels

EDIT: Doh! Just realised what you mean. Yes they are 25mm wider than stock... doh!