free hit
counters
Do 2015 cars have TPMS? - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

They do, and there's a telltale on the instrument cluster.

Part 11 here...

34_01.gif

and third one from the left on the bottom row...

17_07.gif

We like to teach you at least one thing a day here on TLF :thumbsup:

Great thing about the forum!

Interesting. Lotus service documentation states that TPMS is only fitted to "GCC" cars (i.e., destined for the Middle East market).

Many parts appearing in the parts listings are market specific. Likewise, just because a warning light is built-in to the cluster, it doesn't necessarily mean that it is configured as active or the relavent control systems and radio module fitted.

As I read the full legislation, it could be iinterpreted to mean that new vehicles (i.e., a type approval), from key dates, would be required to be fitted with TMPS; as the Exige V6 European Whole Vehicle Type Approval (ECWVTA) was granted before the effective date - and the legislation is not retrospective - TPMS may not be mandatory...

Whilst some vehicle manufacturers might fit certain technologies ahead of mandated requirements, I don't recall Lotus being one of them. An example of this would be the stability control systems incorporated into the current Bosch ABS controller, providing full "ESP" capabilities (Lotus, in true fashion, call this by another acronym). Lotus only moved away from a "pure" unassisted setup and introduced stability controls when forced by legislation to do so.

Edited by LotusPilot

Since September 2012 all new car types must have TPMS. I'm not sure when the Exige S is approved as the production starts 2013.

But it doesn't matter: since first of September 2014 every (!) sold new car in Europe must have TPMS, no matter how old it is.

So at least all 2015 Lotus (Elise, Exige and Evora) definitely should have TPMS. Probably 2014 too. I guess all Exige

Edited by Blue1000

Just had the tyres off on mine and had a look - no sign of that funky valve on it.

And now I think about it, had a full on puncture early days which completely flattened the tyre and no warning light.

Anyone know if you can easily retrofit the TPMS on a 2010 Evora? And most importantly, how much it would cost???

Just had the tyres off on mine and had a look - no sign of that funky valve on it.

And now I think about it, had a full on puncture early days which completely flattened the tyre and no warning light.

mmh...maybe because the LF1 is a 2014 model ? Or Lotus has an exceptional permission for a limited number of cars ( <100 ). Heard this is possible, but only if the production is ending soon...

Any 2015 Exige owner who had the tires off ? 

Edited by Blue1000

Nope. But I wanted Diamond Cuts, and they were discontinued, so the dealer swapped wheels over with another car, he already had in stock, so it still wouldn't be 100% conclusive.