free hit
counters
Lotus 'Heritage' trackday at Lotus Cars - Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
TLF News

Lotus 'Heritage' trackday at Lotus Cars

Lotus-Test-Track-Hethel-carwitter

The UK Classic Car Scene has been recognised as a fast growing industry in the UK today with many modern classic marques enjoying fast appreciating price tags they can make a sound investment. Naturally with this ever-growing trend more and more people are looking to “invest and enjoy” by making the most out of their classic cars.

This summer Magnitude Events will be hosting the first of many Heritage track events located exclusively from one of the world’s most famous Test tracks.  The facility in question is located adjacent to the production facilities at the Group Lotus Headquarters in Hethel, UK. These Heritage Events offer a unique opportunity for owners to experience their much loved classic vehicles on the recently refurbished super smooth 2.2 mile FIA standard test track in a safe and relaxed environment. The days will host up to 75 classic cars and owners with an expansive variety of vehicles from manufacturers all over the world.

IMG_9752

These are lifestyle events, and not only will participants gain valuable knowledge about how their car performs and handles in safe surroundings but will offer the perfect opportunity to meet other like-minded people who share the same passion about classic cars. If track driving isn’t your thing then why not bring your car to one of our “Classic Car Meets” These run alongside our track events. Come and watch the action from the sidelines and perhaps take the opportunity to join one of our tours or simply walk the paddock and appreciate the other cars on show.

Having had previous experience managing track events at various locations all over the UK we have recognised that these events will be need exclusive, fun and above all else affordable. By making these events accessible we hope to attract lots of people to make these events become a success. Our event services include ARDS Circuit Instruction, on-site catering, Lotus production facility tours and the ability to visit the famous Classic Team Lotus workshops. All events are fully marshaled and paramedics are on stand by for peace of mind.

We hope to welcome you to Hethel over the Summer!

Our first event is on Sunday 5th of July 2015 priced from £79 and yes the British GP will be televised at the event! This event is open to all cars pre dating 1995. Open pit format 12-5pm.

Book online here - www.magnitude-events.co.uk

The Magnitude Events Team

Click for full article

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ferk, going to miss this.

oh my god..... oh my god.... OH MY GOD..... OH MY GOD!!!!!!

I've just done a little wee wee.

Approval from the gaffer - check

Digs for the weekend - check

Massive erection - errrrrrrrr ...... I'm 43!!!!

• Like 1

I have booked and the CTL tour. Bit disappointed as this was put out to the Club Lotus Norfolk section as a Lotus only event at discounted rate of £69 to gauge interest. I guess there wasn't much as it is now open to all!

Hurry and book this and make it the Lotus Car show it should always have been - remember all the factory events in the late 90's?

See you there.

Nick

Booked - Factory Tour, Circuit Training & CTL.

Looking forward to this.

Chris

booked

Very interested.

Just wondering how the factory tour will be incorporated?

Just a quick post to keep this in the new content pages. Any more interest? Will be a great lotus day if enough owners book and fill the track time.

Come on and book, it's your cars home.

Moderators, move this to events; car show?

Nick - are you coming to MBW/Brooklands tomorrow? Would have thought you could get some interest there.

Chris

Hi Chris, unfortunately not, bit busy at the moment with other commitments.

I'm not connected with organising this event just hoping to see lots of Lotus at the factory. See you there in July.

Nick

I just checked with Alex at Magnitude regarding the requirements for trackday insurance as it didn't seem too clear on the confirmation letter... it IS required before being allowed on the track.

Does anyone have any recommendations for insurance providers?

Does anyone have any recommendations for insurance providers?

Scratch that... I just discovered the search button :getmecoat:

• Like 1

Mark - I didn't get a confirmation letter :( So good thing you asked and posted this :) Although IU was going to get the insurance.

Can you let us know who you went with as I was completely unsuccessful (with CCI) in getting any earlier this year (although in the end I didn't need it as the Esprit fell ill).

Chris

spoke to Darren quoted £95 for day for two drivers but has to be an affiliated track day.Not sure if this is and also the track did not come up as track day venue

Just had a quote from Morris who Magnitude recommended, came out at £75 without all the bloatware like breakdown recovery etc.

who are Morris?

Booked. :-)

Also got a mail stating that trackday insurance will NOT be required, to make the event more accessible.

See you there!

Filip

PS: Any recommendations for a simple but good B&B nearby?

Booked.

No track day insurance required!

Start time is 09:30. 2 hrs 15 minutes from where I am, so a 6:45/7am start for me

What time is anyone else leaving, and from where?

Start time is 09:30. 2 hrs 15 minutes from where I am, so a 6:45/7am start for me

We'll be staying in the King's Head nearby from Saturday.

2 hours from me so I'll be leaving from Flitwick at around 7:15 am and travelling along the A505 and A11. Edited by markw996

Chris

A10, A120, M11, A11.

Want to meet on way (and hopefully find Pete)?

I was avoiding the M11 by going over via Royston. Where to meet up and at what time.

1st layby you get to on A11 after A505. You give a time and I will coordinate meet with Pete to suit you.