free hit
counters
Oops... - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Rancid

Oops...

Just taken my hardtop off again, put the softop in the boot and drove off the driveway.

2 miles down the road, having driven through a busy village, I become aware of an annoying rattle.

'Here we go' I thought, just 6 months into ownership and the rattles have started.

Starts pushing bits if trim, as you do, to find the culprit, but alas the rattle kept going.

It was then I noticed in my rear mirror, the car behind flashing his lights and the driver pointing... (For a moment I thought the rattle must be that loud he can hear it too)

So I pull over, he drives past without saying anything, but the smirk on his face was priceless.

Yes, I hadn't clicked the boot shut properly and there it was, fully open wobbling away in all its erectile glory.

Can't believe I never saw it, but you just can't see it open from the drivers seat.

Anyway, I brightened up someone's dull Monday, my boot has no damage done, and the engine gots lots of fresh air for several miles.

That's all, carry on.

Rancid (slightly embarrassed) :D

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

:hrhr:

Some numpty thought he'd be clever and drive off on of my cars for the laugh a couple of years back, boot open in all his glory. He'd not have felt so clever if he'd damaged it and got the bill! 

Same think happened to us with a demo V6 Roadster... My wife was flagged down by the wombles. Had no idea it was open.

:lol:

:lol:

Brilliant!

.......do I get a percentage of sales?