free hit
counters
Evora test drive next weekend! - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
DeltaLotus

Evora test drive next weekend!

Good Afternoon guys,

I'm booked into my very first test drive of any lotus (ever) next weekend, its a Red Evora S Sports Racer (man) MY13, Has anyone got any comments about that I need to look out for? :help:

hopefully after the test drive I'll be one of the group :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The grin breaking your face?

There was a very similar post to this very recently if you use the search engine which saves a lot of others retyping our thoughts.

There is no single worry and you have chosen the correct colour!

Enjoy the experience

Oh yes by edit - welcome to the friendliest Lotus place and post up in the introductions section and if you would like I'll have you added to the Scottsh section better known as LEGS, PM group so you are informed of everything Lotus happening in Jockland

• Like 1

Welcome and enjoy!!

Don't drive it, if you don't want to buy an Evora... :D

• Like 2

Thanks Allan, I have found it, doesnt look like there is much to be worried about.

Lee,

I know what you mean, and I think the car is beautiful and rare, I've only seend one on the road, and that was for a split second. I have a good feeling that once i sit init i will buy it.

I will post some picture once i do.

Thanks for the warm welcome gents!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by DeltaLotus

There are quite a few in Scotland :lol:

Evora-Pano.jpg

So there is Bibs,

Reading other posts people saying they have drove up union street in aberdeen yet I've never seen one however im aware that there is some in the area. I'm driving down to see Brandon at Murray lotus Edinburgh.

However I have got the Branch Manager at Jag trying to get me into the F-Type, offering to give me the car for the day etc...

Brandon won't sell you a car, but you'll want to buy one from him. Jag dealer sounds desperate :hrhr:

Borrow the Jag, drive it to Murrays and then have your test drive...

My bet is that your car fund will be down by the price of one Evora as you take the Jag back...

• Like 1

Bibs, Its because I got really bad customer service from them over the weekend so I spoke to the BM direct, to complain about it and told him ill take me money elsewhere.

But..

Funny enough I told him i was taking the Evora S out and he said well if you are going to compare the two which you will there is little i can do to pull you away from the lotus once you drive it (he was involved with the origional launch), which isnt something you normally hear from a dealership of a competitor.

I am Jag fan, but the F-Type can't compare in terms of handling to the Evora.  Like they are two different cars.  Depends what you want out of a car. 

Good that you are testing both cars.

Bibs, Its because I got really bad customer service from them over the weekend so I spoke to the BM direct, to complain about it and told him ill take me money elsewhere.

But..

Funny enough I told him i was taking the Evora S out and he said well if you are going to compare the two which you will there is little i can do to pull you away from the lotus once you drive it (he was involved with the origional launch), which isnt something you normally hear from a dealership of a competitor.

I think you missed a trick there - you should have said 20K off the price would do it ;)

By the Jag cheaply, part ex at a profit and drive home in the Evora :)

Test drove a F Type Coupe V6S with pano roof and switchable sports exhaust on the weekend. A very special car with one of the best interiors I've experienced and exhaust noise is outrageous when switched to sports mode. Gearbox is also excellent. Ride is not as good as the Evora and handling although good isn't in same league as the Lotus.

For a daily runner (which I'm looking for) the F Type is exceptional. However if you haven't got a separate hoon car, then the Evora will offer the best all round experience. Enjoy your test drive and inevitable grin factor ;)

Does anyone on here know who has a Blue Evora in Aberdeen I saw it in mirror as it going along the beach front last night??

If it's the light blue (Daytona blue) sports racer it's Ali from Scottish Elises.   Not sure if he's on here. 

Hi Neil and welcome to the forum. I will add you to the LEGS group PM list so you will receive updates about our meetings. Our next meet is at The Fennel in Inverurie on 7th June. Hopefully you will have your Evora by then. Can't agree with Al. re the colour, it has to be Solar Yellow for me. You will enjoy the test drive.

If it's the light blue (Daytona blue) sports racer it's Ali from Scottish Elises.   Not sure if he's on here.

If it is Ali Crozier he is on here.

Welcome to TLF Neil. :welcome:

You need to split your posts up Neil into the Spotted section, Introductions etc. Otherwise people will miss your questions etc. :thumbsup:

I presume the test drive happens today?

Thanks Michael,

No the test drive in next weekend (well Friday) I'm flying to Rome today :thumbsup:

I will let you know if I've joined the club next weekend gents.

Well Guys,

Please to announce I've purchased a Lotus Evora S SR in Red on Friday, pick it up on the 5th :scared:

• Like 1

Hehe, must have been a horrendous test drive :lol:

Well Guys,

Please to announce I've purchased a Lotus Evora S SR in Red on Friday, pick it up on the 5th :scared:

Congratulations!

I do wonder what the conversion rate of test-drives to sales is!

Well Guys,

:hrhr:

Congratulation, I think I saw it and it looks stunning :)

Assume it's this one?

post-1877-0-08385400-1432544902.jpg

• Like 1

haha, I knew as I sat init it was the car for me just has a very big feel good factor.

Congratulation, I think I saw it and it looks stunning :)

Assume it's this one?
attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Yep thats the one!

Congratulations!

I do wonder what the conversion rate of test-drives to sales is!

I'm pretty sure Brandon / Craig at MMC reckon that once you've driven an evora it's only a matter of time :D 

I can't think of anyone who's driven one and not come back thinking "need"

• Like 1