free hit
counters
Watch Collectors/Fanatics - Page 7 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Watch Collectors/Fanatics

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just bought this beauty, look at the enscription on the second picture, chuffed is not the word !!! 

I do like Bremont.  I designed a watchbox for them a while back.

Yes but who wants to walk round with a handbag trust me your better off with the watch and glad to see your still enjoying it I've given my speedmaster to my lad now after fitting a new strap on it an

Posted Images

Thanks Stuart made the fatal error of going up to the Patek Philippe exhibition at the Saatchi gallery a couple of years back and then just had to wait till one came up second hand then traded my previous annual calendar in and purchased this do love the rose gold. And made a decent margin even taking into account the 2K id spent on servicing over the 10 years I owned it.

But did try on a platinum minute repeater and they sound lovely when they chime so clear and loud as they have small holes around the case to allow the sound to resonate but way out of my price range £126k we can all dream !!!  

• Like 1

I tried that watch Phil and it's too big for me. Seriously tempted by one of these though...

17531297_1_640.jpg

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Like the strap. My metal straps scratches and the leather ones crack! That's very nice and very stealth like. 

@philcool £126k ouch ! That's why we all play the lotttey I guess !!! 

• Gold FFM

This my current preferred watch, I've had it for about 5 years now but it still looks great and still gets many compliments. I especially like the sapphire back that allows you to see the movement, it's mesmerising! :)

It have a Valjoux 7750 movement which is common and well proven but it is modified in-house.

ml1.jpg

ml2.jpg

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I wonder if Lotus will ever do another watch,  Given the prices of the old ones that they designed a few years ago are now pretty expensive, just wish i ha purchased one back then, lovely design. :(

A

• Gold FFM

I'd buy one @silverfrost!  maybe we should speak to someone like Christopher Ward who does a number of motoring themed watches....... ;)

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I'd buy one @silverfrost!  maybe we should speak to someone like Christopher Ward who does a number of motoring themed watches....... ;)

Generally quartz only - not sure why. A few exceptions to this of course (D-type watch for example)

• Gold FFM

I thought about 50:50 in the range so not a "few exceptions" - the popular Trident can be had in quartz or mechanical for instance. They launched the first viable UK mechanism for decades and their higher end watches have mechanical movements to match or better brands like Omega, TAG, and many others.

Great watches at a great price. Don't be fooled into thinking an Omega, TAG, Mont Blanc etc are any better - they have to pay for that marketing and those "brand ambassadors" somehow, in fact, we pay for it in the ticket prices....

If you suddenly shift from discussing their Motorsport range to their full collection, then yes - you are right. :)

I've had a C11 for 2.5yrs now.  It's my only "proper" watch, and I think they are great value first what you get too. It's a bit more scratched now as I struggle to choose either if my cheaper watches when it is sitting there.....

7be769164fe0fb527aa5406b297ed4ef_zpsbec7

A nice Chris ward used watch on ebay right now,  C70   part of the Cw motorsport range,    If any ones is intrested,  at 300 quid atm , very nice looking watch with green highlights, and the race number 20 on it. :)

A

Very nice Bibs a Colt Chronograph Blacksteel

With a modified ETA 7750 28800bph movement well proven and reliable  I think if Breitling start fitting their in house movements then the price will rocket 44mm across but if I remember when it was reviewed it actually measured 43mm excluding the crown looked at one in the bondstreet shop and the case is bevelled under the crown so it doesn't dig into the skin when you bend the wrist Rolex could learn something there a nice touch..

14.7mm thick cant remember the weight but will be quite noticeable going from your titanium piece.

Remember turning the bezel and it was superb nice action and no play between the clicks.

A little large for me but my only real worry is the PVD coating ( Physical Vapour Deposition a process that binds vaporized metal elements on to the surface of the watch in a heated vacuum ) this can be scratched and worn away especially on corners and then the watch looks decidedly second-hand the DLC process is supposed to be more hard wearing ( Diamond like Carbon same process but carbon is sprayed onto the watch and the cooled rapidly ) a shame as I have had first hand experience of a ceramic case watch  ( IWC Top Gun ) over 10 years and the case has absolutely no signs of wear at all like brand new and so light on the wrist only downside they don't tell you if you drop it they can quite easily shatter a lug especially if its on a stone floor and as fare as I know its a write off.

But must admit out of all the Breitlings its one of my favourites looks so crisp nice choice might see it on a Tuesday ?         

I'm am close to the shop, might pop in and see what deal they'll do me :)

I'm sure last time I was in there (err, one of the Bluewater chains, perhaps Ernest Jones} they offered me an insurance against wear and rear for something like £800? 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Interesting thread, this, and some interesting watches, too.

Ordinarily, I steer clear of watch threads because it's bloody fatal, all sense of economics and logic go out of the window. There's so many I would like, but cannot justify (who cares), or afford, and most of them are a lot of money. I bought a blue/gold kit Rolex Submariner back in 1999, then bought a brand new black/stainless Sub 3 years ago, along with a Jubilee faced Lady Datejust for the wife.

Then a couple of years ago, I sold the two Subs (for a profit), and bought a brand new Yachtmaster 2 in the States for a seriously good price. I swore I'd never buy another expensive watch like that again, but I still have a niggling urge to go out and buy one of the Longines Master Collection watches. The Esprit is keeping me poor for now, but at some point I know I'm just going to cave in!

Margate Exotics.

Do like the Master collection but also like the new re launched Aviation  Watch type A-7 1935 ref L2.812,4,23.2   41mm just a bit different and for once a real copy of an original and at last a manufacture that coats the underside of the crystal with anti-reflective and not the face. the coating is quite easy to mark and if its on the face as well it then shows up as an ugly decoloured mark especially on dark faced watches  I have had it polished off in the past just because of that.

Image result for longines aviator watch

You all got me started now just before Christmas missed out on one of these IWC 3706 Ceramic now discontinued and the same as the steel 3706 but at the time was 50% more expensive and didn't sell well because of that and because it was light on the wrist people felt it was cheap also for IWC it was only the second time they used a ceramic case the first being in 1986 with the Da Vinci and each case had to be made larger as they shrink when fired and so quite a few were scrapped as not practical to be machined afterwards.

Only sold between 1994-98 and less than 2000 in number so quite rare and 39mm across and fitted with a modified valjoux/ETA 7750 movement.and had the nickname the Black flieger.

Sold for 7.5k box and papers but sadly not to me      Image result for iwc 3706 ceramicImage result for iwc 3706 ceramicWill keep an eye out :sofa:

3 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

@ian29gte go on spoil yourself - grab one that suits you though.....may I suggest 

95CB7CDE-999B-4122-9324-90E140ACFA6F-1188-0000016F2FB7E02A_tmp.png.1c3ec4fb922200e967d2d83592147eaf.png

From a recent post, it appears to me there's someone far more deserving of that particular timepiece.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

11 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

@ian29gte go on spoil yourself - grab one that suits you though.....may I suggest 

95CB7CDE-999B-4122-9324-90E140ACFA6F-1188-0000016F2FB7E02A_tmp.png.1c3ec4fb922200e967d2d83592147eaf.png

I always wanted one of those when i was a kid,  May still buy one, not to wear, just to fill that childhood dream lol. 

A

Just stumbled across this thread and been into watches as long as I can remember.

Received my Omega Seamaster for my 18th back in 1999 and started collecting since then. TZUK is a good forum but dangerous on the bank balance

Here's some of my current collection

26788872243_968338826c_b.jpgUntitled by Alex L, on Flickr

Currently wearing my BLNR on Everest rubber

32039332260_b0dcce2471_b.jpgUntitled by Alex L, on Flickr

Edited by Alex L
  • Like 2