free hit
counters
Watch Collectors/Fanatics - Page 8 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Watch Collectors/Fanatics

• Gold FFM
17 hours ago, mik said:

Chris Ward Clearance

I quite fancy a half price ceramic bodied Typhoon, with the outdated but nicer logo.  Even on a nato strap... :?

:X

C1000-Typhoon-dial.jpg

That's a nice looking watch and the old logo is much better than the new one. I don't see the new logo lasting to be honest and they have had quite a bit of negative feedback on it.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just bought this beauty, look at the enscription on the second picture, chuffed is not the word !!! 

I do like Bremont.  I designed a watchbox for them a while back.

Yes but who wants to walk round with a handbag trust me your better off with the watch and glad to see your still enjoying it I've given my speedmaster to my lad now after fitting a new strap on it an

Posted Images

Yeah - I was too slow. :X

I got my C11 on a C8 strap. 

Love the Typhoon on the mesh strap, but not the NATO they were listing it on. So I sent a message last night asking if I could order one and get it on the mesh instead. Checked at 07:00 this morning and they were sold out.

Snoozed. Looz3d. :ermm:

On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 14:51, purso said:

That is powerful watch unit!! What is the piece bottom right? 

Bottom right is a Linde Werdelin Spidolite Tech Green made from forged carbon so very strong and light.

The winder is by Barrington https://www.barringtonwatchwinders.com/watch-winders/multi-watch-winders/6-watch-winder

Edited by Alex L
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That's a beautiful piece of history, well done Stuart :)

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I love my Type1 but that has got it beat hands down....( excuse the pun). 

Wayne

• Like 1

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

Very well done great find nice !!

Had a look at Winston Churchil's Yellow gold Lemania presented to him in 1946 on  visit to The Swiss City of Lausanne.

But in excess of £25K 

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

So gentlemen you're all an educated bunch and classy because we drive lotus's so I've always liked a watch and I want to treat myself . So I'm looking at either the bond omega from the film . Or a breitling . But what to buy ? I've found a breitling air wolf in stainless with a black face i really like .But I'd appreciate some opinions and input is there a level in quality or range .what do I look for or keep an eye out for problems . Go 

Edited by Alex Carter

I like a nice watch but I rarely see something I like enough to buy and I've never seen the point in spending thousands on one just to say 'I've got a ...' 

Im currently wearing a black Skagen slimline watch that I saw last year. Cost me about £80, looks great and everyone comments on it, asking where I got it.

IMG_0672.JPG

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

You're going to get a broad range of opinions here. :lol:

I too like Skagens. My wife has a couple, my eldest has one, and my youngest seems to wear mine all the time.

I had always fancied the idea of an automatic watch, but not the prices. I have a couple of Chris Ward watches at the mo (a C11 MSL and a C1000 CE thanks for asking) - both bought in sales. I like them and the fact they sport the Swiss internals used by much more expensive brands (And similar "budget" luxury brands of course). Both are very easy to read at a glance - important consideration for me - I like visible movements but they tend to be hard to read. A mate sold his Omega (for another) as the hand contrast wasn't big enough against the face.

If you want a recognisable brand (nowt wrong with that if it is what you want) then prepare to pay much more, bit select carefully and it should hold its value. Join a watch forum. :)

Edited by mik
  • Gold FFM

I have a Maurice Lacroix. Had it a few years now and it is a beautiful watch, the level of detail is astounding and I like the glass back to see the inner working - like @Barrykearley I like to see how it works.

I actually like it as it is a quality swiss watch but as a lesser known brand it is not a "look at me, I have a XXXXXXXXXX watch" where XXXXXXXX is usually Rolex, Omega, Breitling and the other watches that cost you a fortune as they need to pay all the athletes and stars they pay to wear their watches.

It uses the Valjoux 7750 mechanical movement, something of a swiss standard, and the Valjoux movement can be found in watches from Longines, Baume & Mercier, TAG, Omega, Hamilton, Panerai, Montblanc, Chopard, IWC, and many many others.

Christopher Ward makes some seriously fine watches. The Quartz ones are very good, but some of their higher priced mechanical/automatic (but still much less than the "branded" equivalents) watches are serious pieces of kit at very respectable money.

This is mine:

ml1.jpg

ml2.jpg

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Ultimately I would go for what you like the look of the best as most watches keep good time. (Rolex seem to struggle unless serviced).  With regards to resale I would go for a Breitling every time over a Omega. Just my opinion 

• Gold FFM

Ah, the Typhoon watch. Very nice and a classy finish.

It all depends on what you want the watch to be or what to use it for. You might like the omega for its bond history, while you might like the breitling  for all the complications it provides. Breitling also tend to be a bit more flashy than other brands. And then also look what kind of bracelet/strap you want to wear, as that may also sway you in a particular direction, as you may not like a particular bracelet (for example). which bond watch are you talking about. The old seamaster it the new one? Or a planet ocean?

There are lots of great watches out there. If you want something a bit different you could go for a Doxa or there's 2 British Watches I would recommend - Pinion or one of Eddie Platts TimeFactoes Brands - which are exceptional value for money - I have a PRS 82 and its a beaut....