free hit
counters
Evora Turbo - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

158c803003d0271289543ad87600f8f4acbd8b36

Wish you the best of luck though! :) But I cant see the Evora being a fun car to drive with a turbo....

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'm also very interested in a bolt on turbo kit for the n/a?

Can the stock engine internals handle the extra compression well? What about Ecu remapping once fitted? Injectors ? How much work is involved in adding the turbo compared to s/c.

i am surprised that there is not a kit in the UK already?

As the Toyota engine is widely used they must have had turbos fitted on them?

has anyone actually purchased this?  I feel like heat would play a giant factor in "why not get a turbo"

and to the bros saying "why isn't 350 bhp enough?"  It may just be... but 276 is not enough.

The Evora 400 is just too darned expensive in the USA.  I know we don't buy lotus' to fit in, but there has to be a limit to "paying extra to stand out", and the S was my limit -- let alone the 400.  

You probably all make more money than I do though =D

Personally I'd rather speak with Komo-Tec or someone about a supercharger kit... it's a proven route.

Honda tried to turbocharge a transversely mounted V6 with the new NSX, and they couldn't make it work. If Honda couldn't, I don't see why a few blokes can suddenly crack it.

As far as I understand it, heat is a major issue even with the 400.

For me in the turbo vs sc debate i would love a turbo for the noise alone, but if I ever boost my N/A i think it will be either the current S/C setup or a new 400 S/C for the reliability alone, I'd not want to turn a car that is reliable and can be used fast everyday into a temperamental race machine

• Like 1

Gotta commend the OP for the Turbo - if the Evora came with a turbo from factory, I'd already own one. The noise, the slight spool up, the expectation when you hit the throttle....

And I live for turbo lag, preferably with widow-maker power delivery. 

Jevansio - I called eddelbrock (the Co.  That makes the 400 sc) and they wouldn't even talk to me about it.   They said it's confidential.   I was pissed so I got the one from the S. 

Vanya- me too,  I love turbos.   But if you own even an NA evora,  you would know that heat is a major issue known this car.   You would have to spend a significant amount of money to get rid of all the heat,  and before you know it,  you're paying 120 grand for an evora

On 10 June 2015 at 14:27, Kalli said:

Wish you the best of luck though! :) But I cant see the Evora being a fun car to drive with a turbo....

Having driven a Noble GTO-3R I would have to disagree..... A great car to drive 

However it does have reliability problems with the turbo nearest to bulkhead, due to heat build up. 

Also @DJW correct me if I am wrong but the Noble has no boot in the back and a lot more room for cooling etc... in the first place 

9 hours ago, jonnyboy said:

A lot of people have tried and failed to make compound charging work....good luck 

Apart from the banks and loan sharks. They make it work beautifully! :cry:

13 hours ago, 550superfast said:

@Meghani Motorsports have you changed the engine internals or left as standard?

Oh don't ask silly questions like that !

Or anything about the torque capacity of the gearbox, transmission........