free hit
counters
Check Engine Light but no faults in Freescan - Page 7 - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Qavion

Check Engine Light but no faults in Freescan

Bill,

What were the measurements of your old injectors?  in Ohms.  And what brand/part number were they?

A lower impedance will cause more current, the stock low impedance injectors, a 2 Ohm injector would require a peak current of ~6A.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'm not sure what John measured on them to be - I can check with him on that part.  I will check on the part numbers.  The old ones are Grey in color and don't look too exciting compared to the RC replacement injectors.  I need to hook up Freescan and check the secondary injectors and waste gate values now that I'm not throwing a code 65 or CEL anymore!

I have not replaced the secondary injectors.

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

The old injectors actually damaged the ECU?

It's pretty hard to damage the primary injector drivers in these ecu's. They are used in a variety of applications driving injectors from as low as 1.2 ohms up to 16 ohms.

Well I can't find a part number on the old injector, but it looks like there's an RP (funky letters) by the electric plug at the top of the injector.  Most of the injector is flat grey and the very bottom is Silver. Does that help a little for identification?

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

Since I'll be having an engine out service for the fuel tanks, what are the benefits of the electric chargecooler pump.  I'm guessing it's simpler to do this job with the engine out? Do you notice a difference?

It's fiddly,  Bill, but definitely not an engine out job. The intake plenum needs to come off for better access. I think I also partly removed the boot floor to see what I was doing. My mechanical chargecooler impeller was failing too regularly (sometimes within 6 months), so the differences for me were obvious. I bought a kit to make things easier, but I think I still had to buy some crimping tools for the wiring. The only regrets I have are that I didn't do it sooner.

Anyway, there are lots of message threads on this procedure. Hundreds of Esprit owners have done the mod... the rest just haven't got round to it yet ;) 

Cheers

Ian.

Well I can't find a part number on the old injector, but it looks like there's an RP (funky letters) by the electric plug at the top of the injector.  Most of the injector is flat grey and the very bottom is Silver. Does that help a little for identification?

Those would be the original Rochester injectors.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album