free hit
counters
If you love your dogs... - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

If you love your dogs...

Loose Cannon

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

post-18482-0-62048200-1431701179.jpg

Here's our fluffy - she's ace - but sneaky and good at stealing cat food...

Very sad story - I shall give her an extra stroke and ignore a stealing session later

• Like 2

Only here once

Stocked up on "training treats" for ours in Exeter today while Mansons were setting up my guitar...they seem to prefer the beef flavoured ones to the chocolate drops:)

That said, at 6 and 3, either I'm doing something wrong or they're quite canny about prolonging their training sessions.

Both rescues with unknown backgrounds. Love em to bits!

Just preparing to feed our 8 dogs - 7 Rhodesian Ridgebacks and one fluffy thing - in fact one is howling for his food now!

Love em most of the time! As for giving them a hug I don't get a lot of choice really especially with the evening bun fight for a place on the sofa.

• Like 1

A friend (landlord of the local) has 2 Ridgebacks, someone reported him to the RSPCA for not looking after them due to the err, ridge on the coat on their backs!! 

Beautiful dogs, loved coming shooting with us :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Ignore her.... Simply not true......

At least that lovely dog shows some true loyalty!!!

Pistol and boo have indeed buggered off back to the USA !!

You've gotta love the ozzies....... Legend

Only here once

92BE7321-B36E-42FB-8475-208FA07B62B1.jpg

This is ours - Chapman. Gets spoilt rotten.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Mark, sad story but at least the dog got a good life for some of it.

My St.Bernard goes in for hip replacement surgery in a few weeks to the tune of $5 - 6,000  USA.   I hope it goes well.  She is my whole life.  I know it is a good bit of money...  But in Lotus terms, it just means I don't check a few options boxes on the 400 and she gets another 5-7 years of pain free mobility!  

20140504_075900.jpg

• Like 2

Yesterday ,I lost Keeper, my dear 3years 8months German Sheppard.

He was in the best of his life, strong, loyal,playful

It was horrible, My wife, 14y old son and me, were on a nice walk, playing with Keeper and his ball, when at onces , he started to choke. The ball had entered his trachea and was stuck deep in.

Couldnt do anything.

My wife found a helping hand, who brought us in his car to  a vet, but he could not help. He send us to a dog clinic 20km away, but Keeper never made it. He died in my arms. He fought for his life for 1.5 hour and I got the damned ball out, when it was just to late.

They tried to reanimate, to late.

I lost my best friend and it is really empty here in the house. He is everywhere, but not anymore . My wife and I just can't stop crying. Life at work was a hell today. This will take time.

Geert

100_4958_zps27wqg8xc.jpg

So so sorry to hear your tragic news. Dogs soon make their way into your hearts and take their place in the family.We send you our hugs and love and are thoughts are with you. Xxx

Very sad news, what a horrible experience you had and are still going through. Thoughts with you and the family.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

All dogs go to heaven. So sorry for your loss, Geert, and the trauma to you and your family. Clearly you did all you could for Keeper. He brought great joy and love to you and your family while he ran the earth and that can never be taken away. My thoughts and prayers are with you in this difficult time.