free hit
counters
If you love your dogs... - Page 9 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content


IGNORED

If you love your dogs...


Loose Cannon

Recommended Posts


Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

 

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

If you love your dogs....

Please keep them on a lead in public places and that includes parks (unless it is a specifically zoned dog area), shared paths etc. My wife yet again, whilst out for a walk gets assaulted by a dog, off a lead, jumping up at her, putting muddy paw prints on her, and yapping at her!  Why should she have to experience this whilst on a walk just because a dog lover cannot keep their dog under control and on a lead? Absolutely no excuse for it.  Oh, and the response from the dog owner, "she's harmless" FFS. No enquiry as to how my wife was, comment re the mud all over her clothes etc.  If I'd have been there I think I'd have jumped all over the dog owner with my moody boots whilst encouraging my wife to call out "don't worry, he's harmless really!".

I also see that a Royal Mail postee is in trouble for kicking a dog that was racing toward him and yapping - video gone viral apparently. All the Postee was doing was trying to deliver a parcel, the door opens, then the little shit machine decides to come racing through the door barking so the Postee instinctively reacts and gives the dog a brushing kick to get it out of the way (you cannot expect someone who does not know an animal to know whether it will bite or not).  Now the dog owner wants the postee to be sacked as her dog is "traumatised" and her daughter is so upset. What about the fooking Postee who was just trying to do his job?  Why can't dog owners keep their bloody animals under control?

So, if you love your dogs, keep it on a lead and under control for your safety, the dogs well being, and everyone elses piece of mind.

Thanks.

  • Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Why can't dog owners keep their bloody animals under control?

Some years ago when we lived on a private estate in Hertfordshire, there was a lady taking her dog for a walk (was not a very large dog either, she did not live on our estate – but liked the quiet roads and grass etc). My wife heard some strange noises behind a low garden wall, and this dog had got our neighbours cat and mauling it a lot. Wife tried to intervene, dog ran off with the cat in its mouth, I ran after it, tackled it down the road when it got onto the grass verge. Held the dog, wife took cat away, to take straight to a vet, but it died on the way in my son’s arms as he was the passenger while the wife drove. I got blood over me as well. I had held the dog until the owner arrived.

 Had the cat kept at home wrapped in a blanket until our neighbour returned from work to the sad news that some dog had killed one of her cats.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM

Very sad and though I am not a "pet lover" not something I would like to see or deal with. Can understand how Farmers must shudder when they see a dog loose on their lands and the owner engrossed in their phone as they walk!  But hey, they're entitled to roam..... :(

 

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Can understand how Farmers must shudder

It is an offence to allow a dog to worry sheep. Worrying includes attacking or chasing sheep and, in some circumstances, farmers are legally entitled to shoot dogs if they are endangering their sheep. Find out more below in the ‘Staying legal’ sections below.

From https://www.nationalsheep.org.uk/for-the-public/culture/sheep-worrying/sheep-worrying/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM
36 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

It is an offence to allow a dog to worry sheep. Worrying includes attacking or chasing sheep and, in some circumstances, farmers are legally entitled to shoot dogs if they are endangering their sheep. Find out more below in the ‘Staying legal’ sections below.

From https://www.nationalsheep.org.uk/for-the-public/culture/sheep-worrying/sheep-worrying/

Might be better to shoot the bloody owners (only joking of course, not encouraging or asking anyone to really shoot anyone.)

  • Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM
7 hours ago, C8RKH said:

a dog loose and the owner engrossed in their phone as they walk!  But hey, they're entitled to roam..... :(

 

This! Having a well trained dog at your side without a leash is one thing, but letting a god roam free while your being a smombie gets my blood boiling. A few years ago I got into an argument with a couple who were walking in the local park while their elderly dog was desperately trying to catch up (probably because he/she had stopped to sniff something or doing his/her business). They were completely oblivious to the fact their dog was almost out of sight, just marching on looking at their phones (ffs, it's a beautiful park, look away from the screen!). I stopped them until the dog could catch up and gave them a piece of my mind. I briefly considered just taking the dog with us and finding him/her a better home, but our own pooch would not have liked that at all!

  • Like 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, C8RKH said:

If you love your dogs....

Please keep them on a lead in public places and that includes parks (unless it is a specifically zoned dog area), shared paths etc. My wife yet again, whilst out for a walk gets assaulted by a dog, off a lead, jumping up at her, putting muddy paw prints on her, and yapping at her!  Why should she have to experience this whilst on a walk just because a dog lover cannot keep their dog under control and on a lead? Absolutely no excuse for it.  Oh, and the response from the dog owner, "she's harmless" FFS. No enquiry as to how my wife was, comment re the mud all over her clothes etc.  If I'd have been there I think I'd have jumped all over the dog owner with my moody boots whilst encouraging my wife to call out "don't worry, he's harmless really!".

I also see that a Royal Mail postee is in trouble for kicking a dog that was racing toward him and yapping - video gone viral apparently. All the Postee was doing was trying to deliver a parcel, the door opens, then the little shit machine decides to come racing through the door barking so the Postee instinctively reacts and gives the dog a brushing kick to get it out of the way (you cannot expect someone who does not know an animal to know whether it will bite or not).  Now the dog owner wants the postee to be sacked as her dog is "traumatised" and her daughter is so upset. What about the fooking Postee who was just trying to do his job?  Why can't dog owners keep their bloody animals under control?

So, if you love your dogs, keep it on a lead and under control for your safety, the dogs well being, and everyone elses piece of mind.

Thanks.

I often say the same thing about parents keeping their feral children under control. Jokes aside responsible owners should keep their dogs on a leash. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...