free hit
counters
Indicator audible ticks - Page 5 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

*** STOP PRESS ***

Latest official part numbers for the Exige V6 AUDIBLE Flasher Unit...

A120M0096F (audible) replaces A120M0056F (original fittment)

image.jpeg

Edited by LotusPilot
  • Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have audible ticking too ! Thanks to all who have posted so far . Took about 5 mins fiddling around, luckily I have an IPS so a little easier to access. I sat on the pax sill and slid unde

I HAVE TICKS! Hurrah!  

Yikes 40 quid + vat??? How on earth do they justify that price when you can buy decent ones on eBay for £6.50?

Posted Images

*** STOP - STOP PRESS ***

Further update...

I may have been premature in my celebration.  The latest parts listing now seperates the "S" from the "350" variants.  More reading shows that the part numbers I listed above are expressly listed for the Exige 350 - not the Exige S :-(

Apologies for having to update with a seperate post.  The system won't allow me to correct my original posting.

It would, however, be an interesting experiment for someone brave to test the new part in the Exige S.  It might work!

£40 + vat, not in stock and no eta for new stock at the mo. 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

• Gold FFM

It's a lotus chap - £29 plus vat for a stud to mount the turbo on the exhaust - that's for one stud !! Need I say more

Only here once

• 2 weeks later...

Bought the £6.50 unit from Amazon and works a treat.  Found placing the iPad on the floor showing camera image upwards gave a great view of where the item was.  For reference for the new unit, the side with writing on faces the rear of the dash, for ease of lining up pins. 

• Like 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

• 2 weeks later...

Eventually got round to fitting the flasher unit. Like others I found it easier to use a mirror to locate where it was and then used my left hand while sat forward in the passenger seat to pull the existing unit out and fit the new one in, all by feel. Took about 5 mins from start to finish to swap them over. I took extra care when pulling the existing unit out just in case anything broke.

Works with the warning triangle switch too. You get an extra click when the unit switches off but way better than having no sound at all when the indicators are on.

• 1 month later...
On 11/02/2016 at 12:19, Neal H said:

Thanks. I'll also drop an email to Lotus Silverstone who supplied the car to see what they say. It's booked in for service on 5th March so they can (hopefully) fix it then!

Neil, did you get the heater panel replaced?

Just spent an hour on my LF1 taking the panel apart, put it all back together again and it now works!!!:thumbup:

Glad to hear Neal.

Looks like I have saved Lotus a warranty claim, all working correctly:

heaterpanel.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Thread revival time...!

I recently bought a relay for the indicators, as per the advice on this thread, and it is now fitted - took less than 2 minutes thanks to the pictures and guidance on here.  It cost £4 ....

Now, if only someone could find out whether it's possible to fit brighter illumination (LED bulbs maybe) to the early V6 heater/AC and heated seats buttons, particularly to show when they are switched ON, that would be marvellous......

• 2 years later...

Hi all,

I've just installed GRP rear lights and noticed my indicator switching speed has changed and become a lot faster. Someone on Seloc has recommend i change to one these modules as a fix.

Has anyone encoutned a simialr issue and i'm hoping it'll work. This is on a 410.

Thanks

• Gold FFM
6 minutes ago, nick_exige said:

Hi all,

I've just installed GRP rear lights and noticed my indicator switching speed has changed and become a lot faster. Someone on Seloc has recommend i change to one these modules as a fix.

Has anyone encoutned a simialr issue and i'm hoping it'll work. This is on a 410.

Thanks

This whole thread is about that isn't it?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

5 hours ago, nick_exige said:

I've just installed GRP rear lights and noticed my indicator switching speed has changed and become a lot faster.

AKA hyperflashing. You will need to install some resistors into the circuit. Contact Greg at GRP and he will send you some.