free hit
counters
Exige V6 discounts - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Denno

Exige V6 discounts

Can anyone share what kind of discount you had off a new V6? Message me if you prefer not to state openly. I've seen the 50/50 deals with service package on the standard car for around £55k so with adding options it's nearer £60k but what is everyone actually paying? Thanks in advance.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It's the first car I've ever bought new. I didn't think there would be any chance of getting money off or having any extras thrown in so I didn't even ask.

What an arseclown.  :getmecoat:  :blush:

Edited by BillTheButcher

They're selling so well you'll be lucky to see any discount at all from any UK dealer.

You need to work out the exact spec you want first and using the most recent price list total it up including all the on the road taxes.

At present Lotus have the 3 year free servicing + 50-50 year deal. They have just finished the loyalty scheme which was 3 or 4k but they where very reluctant to offer this and the 50-50 in conjunction. However if you can find one, to your spec already sitting in a dealers then they will most definitely want to do a deal as they have money outstanding on those cars. 

The one i just purchased had a total price of £ 63,500. I got it for 60k with the 50-50 2 year, and servicing deal + armourfend.

I asked a  dealers that i had dealt with before what i could get off this particular car and he said if i could get the deal i ended up with, i  would have done really well. 

A few of the cars on PH at the moment with great spec have been bouncing around for quite a while, i think you could do better than me on some of them for sure. 

Thanks Top cat, I have heard on other forums people having discounts on top of the 50/50 and servicing offer, just not had specific ball park figures of what is achievable. Like you say new ones that are in stock are most likely to be the ones that may be able to negotiate over a new car that is spec'd from scratch.

Spec wise would be looking at race pack (aprox £2k), premium pack (aprox £2k), convenience pack £350, metallic paint £600 and possibly heated seats £350, so brings total to around £60k give or take a few quid.

You have 1k on the road cost to add as well if you hadn't factored that in, i believe most of the ones advertised already have the on e the road costs included. What colour do you want. 

OK so clearly my deal was slightly out of the ordinary. As per my comment on the other forum I got the loyalty incentive, 50/50, 3 years servicing. But I gave it almost all back on the custom paint job, armourfend, refinishing the wheels etc etc. Well worth it though!

You have 1k on the road cost to add as well if you hadn't factored that in, i believe most of the ones advertised already have the on e the road costs included. What colour do you want.

Consider most colours except black simply because my vx is black and would want a change.

• Like 1

You might have to settle for premium sport if you want to go for a stock car. These are the only two i could find on PH with the premium pack. 

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s3/lotus-exige-s-3-5-v6-race-premium/4001133

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s3/lotus-exige-s-race-premium-new/3229972

I too wanted the premium pack but most stock cars seem to be specced with premium sport so ordered one to my spec.

Impossible to say what you will pay as each dealer will have their own bottom lines to consider and it depends on time of year, end of quarter, end of year sales targets etc. I simply worked out a price id be happy with and told the dealer if he could get to it id buy the car. So long as you are happy with what you paid it doesn't really matter what other people have paid does it.

• Like 1

We've got a Carbon Grey and a Toxic Green in stock with more on the way. The Carbon Grey car has a venom red premium pack.

Give Tom a ring today if your interested on 01606 41481 or email him at [email protected]

The servicing offer finished at the end of April btw....

Si

I did manage to get a bit of a discount, but it's hard to say exactly how much.

I traded in my old Elise for probably a little under what I'd get for it if I pushed the deal, and I was lucky they had the exact colour scheme I wanted (Carbon + Venom) in stock somewhere in the network, which no doubt helped.  

There's still some confusion over the 3/3/3 deal. I collected the car in the last week of April, and originally I was told it had ended, however I pointed out it was still advertised on the Lotus site so should still be valid.  The dealer was going to find out, and it's still a little up in the air if Lotus will honour the deal.

I'm over there on Thursday for the 1000 mile service, so I guess I will find out.

(Yes, I've managed it in under 3 weeks, and still thrilled with the car !) 

Is it true there is going to be a new Exige coming out with 400bhp? If so anyone know when this is likely to happen?

What an arseclown.  :getmecoat:  :blush:

One of the best terms I have heard for a long time!  :D

Budds

• Like 1

Dennis

Let me know if your going to chop in the vx220........

Is it true there is going to be a new Exige coming out with 400bhp? If so anyone know when this is likely to happen?

There's always something more exciting and better around the corner. You could be waiting forever for the next best thing rather than just buying a hugely fast car and enjoying it now.

• Like 1

It is very likely to happen but hasnt been officially announced yet. General consensus is that it will be announced at the end of this year with deliveries starting early spring 2016. However this is all just speculation at the minute.