free hit
counters
My perfect Esprit garage companion (non Lotus content) - Bike Banter - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Daniel

My perfect Esprit garage companion (non Lotus content)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Looks nice Dan but educate me - what makes a bike beautiful?

Is it proportion; wheels; ratio of bodywork to no body work?

What is it?

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

Same as what makes a woman beautiful...........

It's whatever ticks the "owners" boxes ( sorry ladies - but the same goes for us blokes!! )

Only here once

This is an early (2000) MV Agusta F4 750. Regarded as a beautiful bike to look at, but not necessarily to ride. I can't comment as I've never ridden one.

In styling terms, I think it moved things on from where the Ducati 916 left off, adopting the single sided swing arm, but the routing and style of the exhausts is also delicate and well designed.

It's also Italian and red, so there's associated perceived beauty there.... but that's not why I like it.

The component parts are 'trick', it has subtle lines and doesn't have or need a garish paint scheme.

It's 15 years old and still looks great........ sign of a great design.

Anyway, here are a few more pic's to help you decide if it's as beautiful as I think it is:

09_zpsfuzwkr6u.jpg

07_zpsoixpip6h.jpg

06_zpsi85owzpr.jpg

04_zpsgnqoufir.jpg

03_zps2osdbbfo.jpg

Looks fab, congratulations. Summer is here so like others I've been out on the bike a fair bit and hunting something new to play with.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

MV_Agusta_800_SS_Amerika_1979.jpg

I always rather liked these.....then, I am pretty much antediluvian...

Used to have one of these...

Benelli%20504%20Sport%2080.jpg

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Very nice would be my choice as well.

The bike equivalent of Maserati.

You either love'em or leave'em.

chipp

To me, this is beautiful. thoughts?

1934-bmw_r7_1.jpg

• Like 1

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

Beautiful bike :)

Its all about proportions. This bike has just the right amount of everything.

It's getting there......

I will comment and say the MV is stunning. I won't ride a bike again in my life. Choice. If I did, and had my way with the money not being an option, it would be a Ducati.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Beautiful. Wasn't it also designed by the same guy who did the 916? I can look at both these days and lust for either but like Michael I've made to choice to cease riding.

DanR

Looks fantastic but early ones weren't nice to ride because of the terrible fuel injection

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

My 1975 Honda Goldwing GL1000...........670 lbs.....  has to be parked into my garage along a 10-15% sloped entrance......backwards in order to park it in the closest position towards the wall......

This is my way.....using a 330lbs (single rope) electric whinch, mounted to the wall, runing with dual rope at 16 ft/min.........nice slowly running backwards, sitting on my bike and the cotrols in my right hand....

IMGP1600.JPG

IMGP1610.JPG

IMGP1627.JPG

IMGP1620.JPG

IMG_20150927_170835.jpg

Edited by rudolphwolven
  • Like 2

Wow, beautiful Goldwing @rudolphwolven and a perfect garage companion for the Lotus.

I also have size issues, I would like a bigger one too, but it's not how big it is....it's the way you use it... 

DSC_0051.JPG

As there was not enough space for my bike ramp, I sank it into the floor. It will also lift the Lotus if necessary but I need to make some adapter bars to fit to the chassis. DSC_0049.JPG

• Like 2

Have had many Japanese bikes, road and race, but nothing can beat my rattle bike:wub:

It's a 916, high compression Pistons, ported, polished and gasflowed race heads, wide mouth exhausts (50mm), racing throttle bodies, larger injectors and remapped... Along with the rattliest clutch around!

Like an Esprit, they're quirky, spend most of your time repairing it but for the time that it's running you just can't beat it :) 

Got a few other bikes but none compare to it!

image.jpeg

• Like 2