free hit
counters
oil cooler front mount or next to engine - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
nic996

oil cooler front mount or next to engine

Hi guys,

I am about to refit the oil cooler and I noticed in my Lotus Service Parts list that on the HC cars the cooler is mounted at the front. Currently I have one near the engine. My engine has been upgraded to HC spec and a little bit more and is NA. I think I know the answer but do people think its a good idea to move the cooler to the front? The chassis and body are currently apart making fitting easyish. Mounted next to the engine I can't imagine it gets great air flow. If the concensus is as I suspect then does anybody have a picture of where to mount it at the front?  Presumably it must mount in front of the radiator as there are no other ducts at the front.

Any advice as always gratfully received.

Nic.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It sits at the middle in front of the A/C heat exchanger.

post-11050-0-21181300-1437973428.jpg

Or keep it all at the back with a laminova oil-water cooler.  If I hadn't replaced my cooler and chassis hoses during the rebuild I think that is what I would be doing.

On the Esprit with its closed-in box design of engine bay its essential as much heat is removed from the area as possible. Oil cooler at the front. Lotus didnt use all that expensive oil hose to and from the front for no reason.