free hit
counters
Reversing lights. - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Only one is working. Car is a 14 plate, and i assume these are LED so could this be a wiring issue?

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

There is only 1.  the other is your rear fog light and comes on red if you try it.  :smoke:   We have all had that fright in early days of ownership!

FFS. Now i feel stupid . My stepfather pointed it out, so i took it as gospel that both should come on.

Should probably think about reading the manual  :turned:  

It does bug me this, I had a similar thing in an old car except they were both there but only one wired. It was resolved by putting a link cable in. I have tried  to find a combine reverse light & rear fog that will fit so that both lights can function as both reverse and fog but I cant find anything that small. The smallest I found was 95mm. It still bugs me to this day but I try not to think about it, I may have mild ocd   :help:

Gav

Only mild Gav? :hrhr:  At least they both look the same when out!  I had a previous car I think the Murano but can't remember which car, that had in the same position in each rear cluster two completely different lens.  One red and one clear.  Now THAT used to get on my nerves!  Now who has mild OCD!   :scared:

I think it was a quick fix to mod a car for the UK or maybe European market that doesn't have rear fog lights in home market and not have to add something separate on.

It's cool having only one, why do you need two?!

As long as they look the same when switched off

This is the sort of Lotusism I love!

You're right i guess, a bit Like the dash switches that you can't see, -the car is about the drive, not the practicalities. 

However, the duct tape holding the parking sensor cables is a bit of a disappointment really, and seems unnecessary.

Its just a pet hate, i would prefer it if both could be fogs and reverse, technically its possible as the outer ring of the units don't have leds, its just the centre that illuminates. I can deal with it....just! :2guns:

gav

Are you sure?  You sound on the edge on the serious OCD there. ( :help: required over there! :doc: ) 

• Like 1

No I'm not but if I Keep telling my self some times the voices in my head shut up!

Gav

80% of all cars only have one reverse light and one fog light. Its just that Lotus camouflages this by having these integrated in the rear lights that makes it seam strange. 

I know and it still irritates me. If I thought about all the others I would never sleep! Lol

Gav