free hit
counters
Caterham Academy - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

OK - I know we are a Lotus forum, but I know for certain people on here are racing Caterhams and it's not like I am talking Porsche...

So, has anyone done the Caterham Academy? I was watching one of Jonny's (The Pits) videos earlier and it got me thinking about racing. But racing as a complete novice. It looks like the Caterham Academy supports just that - people with only track day experience and no race or ARDS licences.

Has anyone got any experience or gone through the ranks?

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

You know Lotus do it right? The Lotus Academy, learn to drive with Martin Donnelly.

http://www.lotuscars.com/racing/driving-academy

Buddsy

Isn't that (Lotus Academy) a driving skills school type of thing, whereas the Catarham Academy is actually a fully blown, nobby (as in newbie) race series? Two different things.

Currently torn between the Lotus 3 days Academy session or 2bular headers for my Evora - both cost about the same!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Isn't that (Lotus Academy) a driving skills school type of thing, whereas the Catarham Academy is actually a fully blown, nobby (as in newbie) race series? Two different things.

Currently torn between the Lotus 3 days Academy session or 2bular headers for my Evora - both cost about the same!

Yes looks like you're right I didn't realise what the Caterham one was.

The Driving at the Lotus academy is really worth it if you ask me. Ive done the first and a bit of the second and it made me want an Elise! The second one I soon realised the Evora S was more car than my current skill set! 

If you are thinking about doing all 3 days I would ask Bibs if there are any deals to be had.

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Caterham Academy is a race series mate. I've a pal who races in it and I've watched a couple of his races, he loves it. Jonny on here also races a Caterham but I think he's a few series above the Academy now. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Yea spent a bit of time chatting to them last week. Looks like a good starting point, bit more novice than the Lotus options - new racers only. Was hoping to find someone who's done it here.

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com