free hit
counters
Rear pad wear on track - Page 2 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you doing DN in July then? We have just changed brakes all round. I was on 80% wear on the rear before good track day at Anglesey, was a bit concerned they would not last the day, but we're fine

Carbon Lorraine pads are not very good for UK drivers who use their cars on the road. In fact, they fall apart quite often so I'd be very wary of them, depending on your usage. Fine on track only cars

1 hour ago, D.no said:

I guess the higher grip levels of the Cup (tyres, geo, springs/dampers, less mass) ultimately mean less reliance on intervention from electrickery.

Ah no, I've just not been using the electronics as much on the Cup.

Regarding tyres, in-fact by the time I got my Cup, original Trofeos had been dropped by Pirelli so I was on like-for-like tyres with the V6S for most of my Cup's trackdays so far (Corsas). Only recently changed to ZZRs (great, by the way). 

Edited by Arun_D

I see - good on you!

I'm on ZZR's now too, and absolutely love them - the car feels much more keyed-in to the road surface, and there's certainly more front-end bite and alacrity. The Corsa's are a fantastic all-round tyre though - absolutely fine on track (so long as pressures are watched closely) and incredible in standing water. In the dry though, I love the way the ZZR's make the car feel limpet-like.