free hit
counters
Newbie & Evora with forum history - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Newbie & Evora with forum history

Guiseley

Hello all - we've now logged up our first day of Lotus ownership after the wife bought a 10 plate Aquamarine Evora to be a stable mate to my Cayman S.

Loving the noise and loving the way it's been looked after by it's previous owners.

So previous owners of AU10 BHE own up, take a bow, and tell me what you got upto with her - you can tell me now, I've bought it anyway!

post-18882-0-75048200-1432471407.jpg

post-18882-0-07599800-1432471432.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
:welcome:
  • Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Not one of the 5 I had mate, just saying hello :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

After some not too tricky searching I think Al and Acqujim know our new baby quite well.

I've rescued it from its South Eastern base and am bringing it back up north Al!

2C2A9354-7F83-45CF-AC8B-FC3E3F5E5700_zps

D1944C48-A681-4231-914B-797884FA41E4_zps

Edited by Guiseley
  • Like 1

Welcome to TLF Tony. :welcome:

Does look in beautiful nick. Well Done. :thumbsup:

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :)

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Hi Tony

Is your car a Launch Edition?

I see it has Murray Motors plates on it and you say you are bringing it back North, does that mean back to Scotland?

Welcome to the forum.

I see it has Murray Motors plates on it and you say you are bringing it back North, does that mean back to Scotland?

Welcome to the forum.

Only part way north I'm afraid - Yorkshire, but it's due a service in the not too distant future and as Brandon at Murrays has been great during our search we may have an away-day trip 'up north'.

My previous cars have all seen the Scottish Highlands and Islands so I fully expect this one to too.

An away day to Edinburgh sounds a good plan and Craig the service manager and his team t Murray Lotus will certainly look after you.

The car certainly knows the roads up in the Highlands but not sure if Al. took it to the Isles.

Have a great time and enjoy the car.

Hi Tony,

Sorry it took a PM to activate me into action but you now have the PM with much of the the requested info.  I didn't see this yesterday unfortunately.  

You also have the 1st and 3rd owners names as well with the 3rd also on here, FlyingScot68.  A small world obviously.  The old bird still looks hot to trot and yes she has been all over Scotland and in particular the western parts of Scotland up to and over to Skye with the only other island being Arran I think.  I have lots of photos taken in both localities but give Arran a body swerve with the car. Roads are horrible and corrugated that even an Evora's suspension struggles with.  A soft 4x4 is better.  Lovely island though!

Treat her gently but give her the beans..

Cheers,

Al.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Cheers Al - now I have to poke Kenny into a reply too, and a previous owner meet-up at some Scottish event.

Have taken a Z4 and the Cayman to Skye, and also to Islay - road to the Isles is awesome scenery, and fully expect the Evora to do some Euro jaunts too.

Sounds like a good excuse for some more photos....

2116035F-959C-45AF-AD59-CAAE7B546A34_zps

C3E3E186-34DC-47B3-B018-A1F5AF66CEF7_zps

• Like 1

I more or less posted the same photo as 1 and 2 there in the Evora photos section last week!  Only the snow and the arse of the car ahead is different.  Glen Coe is always lovely even when bleak and wet and low cloud!  Where are the other 2 taken. Glen Etive maybe?  Could be about anywhere in Jockland! Especially the skies!

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Where are the other 2 taken. Glen Etive maybe? Could be about anywhere in Jockland! Especially the skies!

Bit of a cheat really, as they were all I had to hand;

Just north of the Buttertubs pass in the Yorkshire dales.

Llanberis Pass in Snowdonia

;)

Will find some more Scottish ones.

P.S. Took it to our first NYLOC last night - lots of nice comments.

post-18882-0-58192300-1432762406.jpg

post-18882-0-10697000-1432762464.jpg

Edited by Guiseley

• 2 years later...

So after a fun three years Eva is ready for her next Forum based buyer!

Thanks to Al, and Kenny for helping me pad out the history file, and hope any new buyer becomes a fourm user and enjoys her as much as I have.

We're drifting back to more Germanic waters with a Cayman GTS 😊 

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-v6-2-2-with-all-three-packs-------------------2010/8590160

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, you're the 4th owner of this car who is on TLF! :thumbsup:

Evora NA

23 hours ago, Bibs said:

Wow, you're the 4th owner of this car who is on TLF! :thumbsup:

Strictly speaking Russ is the fifth TLF owner - Al and Kenny were the first two, then AquaJim then myself. (The first owner being Lotus themselves, so everyone's accounted for!)

40 minutes ago, EGTE said:

Thanks, Gents.

Loving the car; enthusiast owners rock! :thumbsup:

Glad you got her home OK - she probably covered more miles last weekend than she'd normally do in 3-4 months! Enjoy her.

Guess I'll have to change my forum profile now...

Edited by Guiseley